I'm coming to England for a few days. Lets meet up

I’m going on a cruise early to mid July and I will be in England from July 15th to 18th. I’ll be staying at the Hilton Kensington in London. It would be cool if you Brits on the forum who are in the vicinity can meetup for drinks sometime. Phil, Rev, Ennio, JohnWelles or anybody else?

Did somebody mention a drink? It would be rude not to… :slight_smile:

Consider me a nailed on certainty Colonel. Never said no to drink in my life and it would be great to meet up.

Sounds good to me.

Aarron, Rod, Phil, thanks, I just have to figure out the logistics of my trip and I’ll let you know when I’ll be available to do some drinking. This is my first time in England. Rev, cider’s on me :wink:

Count me in too. I’d love to meet up with some of my favorite SWDB members! Oh…wait, I thought it said NEW England. :-[

LOL

So I don’t really know my way around London so I think its probably best to meet up at my hotel? I’m sure it has a lounge. How does saturday night the 16th sound?

Another time I…I, it’d be good to shoot the breeze with ya - this side of t’pond or t’other may happen one day hopefully. :slight_smile:

Sounds okeydokey and I’m sure to be there, but I’ve gotta sort out some stuff. I’m free-ish then, but gotta get down from yorkshire, which altho is only a gnat’s piss distance in continental terms, is bit more complicated if I wanna travel via my folks, which in this post-beecham rail barbarism (circa 1963?) fallout zone - takes a bit of logistical juggling. I’m either gonna have to stay over in Londinium (depending on start/finish time) or get a lateish train halfway back up north after said cider(ssss). Either one will happen tho’, and I’ll be chuffed to quaff with ya and my t’other spag-chums. We’ll have to get ya to a proper alehouse nearby tho’, - and there will be one… ;D, cos yer posh hotel’ll have us sussed out as commoners (we still have a class system despite what Maggie may (nothing to do with Rod Stewart) may have told ya. Lookin’ forward to it bro’ - where else does ya cruise take ya?

Would have loved to have come to London myself, but I am in a hotel that weekend myself as attending a wedding.

I hope it’s yours Ennioo - otherwise you should get yersel’ down.
Mind you - it’s a long way on a bike ;D

No not mine. Yes just a little to far on my bike for my tiny legs :smiley: .

Maybe next time, would love to have had a drink with you.

Southhampton and Northern Europe. Not exactly where though, Germany and Norway I think lol. I hope the trek to my hotel and back is not too treacherous, but I appreciate it all the more coming to see me.

Enjoyed a very pleasant evening with the Colonel last night.
The beer was good and the company was even better. Top bloke.
Let’s hope we can do it again someday.

[quote=“Phil H, post:14, topic:2746”]Enjoyed a very pleasant evening with the Colonel last night.
Let’s hope we can do it again someday.[/quote]I’m gutted that I couldn’t make it, I was really looking forward to meeting up but some things unfortunately can be out of your control.
Glad you fellas had a nice time.

[quote=“Phil H, post:14, topic:2746”]Enjoyed a very pleasant evening with the Colonel last night.
Let’s hope we can do it again someday.[/quote]

Phil, to quote Donald Pleasence in Escape from NY, “You’re A-number-One!” It was great to experience London Pub life for the first time. I wish I remembered the name of that ale we had. Like I said before, we don’t have chandeliers in the bars back home. Phil and I shot the shit for the better part of 5 hours and he was all class, terrific fun. Phil, if you ever come to Toronto I’ll take care of you for real. Rev and Yodlaf, would’ve been great to meet you too but health comes first understandibly and cheers to y’all and one day we’ll do it for real.

I’m back in Toronto from my trip, finally I have internet again. I’m not sure when I’ll be in England again, but this WON’T be the last time. Next time I’m in London we’ll definitely hang out again.

[quote=“Col. Douglas Mortimer, post:16, topic:2746”]I’m not sure when I’ll be in England again, but this WON’T be the last time.[/quote]Cool, hopefully we’ll meet up then :wink:

I look forward to it brother.
Was a real pleasure meeting up with you.

Glad you enjoyed your stay Colonel. You are one up on me now as never been to London :smiley: .

Ah, but then has he ever been to Oldham? 8)