If you were a Spaghetti Western character, who would you be?

It can be an already existing character or an original character.

If I was an already existing character, I’d be one of the town women who walk around in the background and run inside screaming as soon as a gunfight starts.
Or maybe I’d just be a farmer’s daughter because that’s what I am in real life, but they always get pulled into problems in SWs, so no thanks.
If I was an oc, I’d probably be a tavern owner

8 Likes

It has to be either ‘The Man With No Name’, or ‘Ringo’, from ‘A Pistol For Ringo’…both as quick-witted and cool as a cucumber at the North Pole. Both deadly with a gun, and usually two steps in front of the enemy.

Plus, Eastwood’s poncho/serape, and snake-handled revolver, are must-haves…

Think I’ll also chuck ‘Sabata’ in for good measure, 'cos he has a great outfit, and some ingenius weaponry… :cowboy_hat_face:

5 Likes

Great question! I would have to go with Hank “Lanky” Fellows from a Taste of Killing. Something about his total callous and self-serving attitude really appeals to me for some reason. :laughing:

Number two would be any character that got to be Rosalba Neri’s love interest, even if she eventually betrayed and killed them in the end. :wink:

You sure have high aspirations! :rofl:

That is how Mrs. Gringo began her life as well and I think that is what instilled in her some of the qualities that I appreciate most.

4 Likes

This is a really interesting topic and question @I_love_Cat_Stevens

I’d like to be Sartana, the Gianni Garko version. He’s got all the gadgets, all the skill, and a good sense of wit. His moral code is also a big plus in that he never betrays the innocent.

In terms of character parts, I’d have to go with some that were played by Frank Wolff such as

Buddy Ben

Jim Norton

and

Bill San Antonio

5 Likes

In real life I surely must have been somebody, and in the world of SWs I could probably be anybody but would be satisfied just as Nobody !

3 Likes

In real life that would probably apply to 99% of the crowd in here :slight_smile: I would certainly duck and take cover :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Speak for yourself, pilgrim, cause I’m your huckleberry. :cowboy_hat_face: :laughing:

3 Likes

I have trouble making up my mind, so I did the Good, the Bad and the Ugly, and then the Good again… :wink:

7 Likes

Those props and outfits must’ve cost a lot. A replica colt 45 peacemaker from Almeria set me back £66. Cool picture.

2 Likes

Thanks, I made the costumes for GBU themed Cowboy Action Shooting competions. (shooting glasses required)
Blondie_Side2

I did buy and install the silver snake for the pistol grips, and made the scope mount for the rifle, but I could not use it with the scope on during the match as that is against the rules.
The combo photo was done with the camera on a tripod using 30 second timer. I had rocks to mark where to stand so I would not overlap myself. Then just cut them all together in photoshop. Took most of the day to change between takes.

8 Likes

I would be a grumpy ol’ man in a rocking chair, just enjoying the ambience

4 Likes

I would say Bud Spencer from the 5 men army. Easy believer but faithful follower of a trusted leader

6 Likes

Are you serious?

1 Like

Who is? Especially in this thread :wink:

4 Likes

I’m sorry, I’ve been sick in bed for the last week and watched too much TV, and a lot of what you hear from politicians and other people these days begs precisely this question: Are you serious? :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Hope you are feeling better now, Companero… :cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

Thank you very much, Toscano. I’m almost well again. Caught a nasty cold during my short skiing vacation.

2 Likes

For me it would be The Stranger.

4 Likes

It’s a shame that Barry Manilow didn’t make more ‘Stranger’ films…

I’ll get my coat… :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I’m now older than José Calvo was when he played Silvanito. If Wikipedia is right about Anthony Ghidra’s birth date (he was 35 when he did Tequila Joe??!!???!) I may be, theoretically, biologically, as old now as Ghidra’s father would have been when he did Tequila Joe…

So I’m going with the guy who can’t piss in My Name is Nobody.

4 Likes