I’ll Die for Vengeance / Sapevano solo uccidere (Tanio Boccia, 1968)

Cheers Phil :slight_smile: .

Great ! :slight_smile:

I didn’t want to start a new thread, so came here. ??? Anyways, watched this one recently and what a waste of time this is. Awful! a dud all the way. Bad acting by the lead, bad fistfights and even A.Steel looked silly as a mexican. The only good scene imo is a gunduel with K.Morris and G.Mitchell that’s it, the rest is crap.

I didn’t like it much either. But I watched it in two parts and it took almost week to watch the second half which made me forget some of the plot. Scenes with Mitchell were great though, too bad his role is so small. Stripper scene was quite surprising also. My rating: 2/5

How long is the English version of this one?

I think, a english version is not avaiable !
Only a english subtitle version. Picture is from the German VHS !

Yea, thats the version I have.

There’s another VHS of this from Fletcher Video as I’ll Die For Vengeance in English. I came across it a few weeks ago and I’ll try to find a pic.

Edit: here it is: Pre-Cert Video: I'll Die for Vengeance (1968) on AVO Film (Fletcher)

That Fletcher video is very rare. Do not know who has a copy.

Its on my hunting list. It’ll probably be years before this turns up, or someone ebay puts it up.

Would not mind it myself aswell :wink: .

Have just added a new version with Italian + German dubs, English subtitles and an alternate TV recording print over at CG

And also managed to find some large sized poster images for this film 8)

Gonna watch this sometime today or tonight, looks good

I’ll take it soon from CG.

Ironically I’m currently working on a review of another Boccia movie, UCCIDI O MUORI

It is good this one…enjoy !

IMO, the best thing in Saguaro is Gordon Mitchell.

Acting, directing and dialogue in this one is mediocre at best, but the plot is kind of intriguing. Watch it if you can’t find anything better.

I watched the film a few days back and I liked it. Since I had already seen most of the film while syncing up the dub/subtitles, it was mostly a rehash viewing and I think I would have enjoyed it very much more if not for this.

A fairly solid lesser entry in the genre, I would think for anyone who enjoys these low-status titles.

Be interesting to see if this English print ever turns up in any form.

I guessed I would be one of the few people who had seen this, but it appears to be rather well-known among the members of this community. Unlike some of you, I didn’t like it, didn’t like it at all. There are a few good things (a good flagellation scene plus a nice detective subplot - who is Saguero? - for instance), but overall this movie didn’t work for me.

Anyway, this is what I said about it on facebook:

SAPEVANO SOLO UCCIDERE (1971, Tano Boccia)*

Also known as Saguero (which is actually the name of the movie’s main villain).
Directed by Tanio Boccia, the man who gave us the very enjoyable DIO NON
PAGA IL SABATO (Kill the Wickeds); this movie is a late spagh of the
violent kind and like most films of that type it’s a (very) mediocre
affair. Kirk Morris (an Italian muscle man who fared well in the peplum
genre, but not so much in the western genre) plays the avenger, another
muscle man (who fared better in westerns) Gordon Mitchell has a cameo,
but I’m not sure what he was doing in the movie (apart from being shot).
According to Marco Giusti it was a remake, in western form, of a Peplum
movie, Sansone contro i Pirati (also starring Morris and also directed
by Boccia).

Full review later this week

Note:

• 1971? 1968? - I must have misread the year or mixed the film up with another one

This one is from 68.
Boccia also made one in the 70s: Lunga cavalcata della vendetta, La - The Spaghetti Western Database

Both are pretty forgettable.
Kill the Wickeds is the big exception in his SW output.

Yes, it’s '68. No idea where I got this idea of '71 from.

I rewatched Kill the Wickeds yesterday night, just to check if it was indeed so much better than this one. It is. It’s not a masterpiece, but it sure is a very enjoyable little spagghy.

According to some the pirate movie is much better too, but I couldn’t find it on You Tube or any of those sharing things to give a quick look. I’m not into peplum movies, so I’ll probably not going to look any further.

1 Like