I Just Bought … (Non-SW Shopping Diary)

If you are happy with your purchase, then that’s all that counts… enjoy.

2 Likes

Very pleased indeed, and the slipcover is an added bonus.

1 Like

Very cool pickups there amico, a good batch of varied goodies. As a fan of the classic era of pro wrestling, Iron Claw does intrigue me a little. The Von Erichs were wrestling prior to my birth and from when I was a baby to a toddler, so I never did get to see them on TV, though out of all the brothers only Kevin’s style interested me the most as he was the technical wrestler of the family. They did have a Kennedy Family vibe with all the tragedy they experienced, minus the skeletons in the closet thankfully, but their stories are still fascinating non the less.

I’ve heard similar stories of Bass Reeves being the basis of the Lone Ranger, very interesting stuff and credible too I believe. Reeves’s own story is very fascinating and it’s a shame he’s not more famous than he is as he did break a few barriers back in that time period.

The Thin Blue Line is Rowan Atkinson’s most underrated TV Show, maybe not as iconic as Mr. Bean and Black Adder, but still very funny and well written.

3 Likes

The 2006 version of ‘The Omen’, starring Liev Schieber…
Which - although not a patch on the 1976 original - is rather entertaining if you like the continuing adventures of Damien…

Plus:
The Transformer films are pretty much boll**ks, and the story-lines are almost non-existent, but the special effects are stupendous…

All three purchased for mere pennies…

2 Likes

Never a truer word was spoken! :wink:

1 Like

Eye-Candy effects with modern films…and now A.I.?

No thanks, I’m fine with the ‘Golden Oldies’…

Now you know why I love the classics …no special effects, or CGI…just a bloody good story.

They never age…

1 Like

Two more pickups with Birthday cash

Never picked up the first volume as only two of the titles interested me, but this 2nd volume has all the best goodies in it. Barbara Steele, Rosalba Neri, and Robert Woods - doesn’t get much better.

And finally added this Damiani classic to the collection

5 Likes

A Tobe Hooper horror, courtesy of ‘Arrow’

Plus:

2 Likes

I’ve just treated myself to this splendid ‘Arrow’ BD Boxset…‘Enter the Video Store: Empire of Screams’
I’m sure it will bring back many happy memories of renting VHS/Betamax videos in ‘the old days’. :grin:

3 Likes

Bought these three last week (those are the blu editions of Witchfinder and Satan’s Claw, not the 4Ks):

6 Likes

I’ve had a good long look at that set a bunch of times, Tosc. Picked it up and put it back down again in HMV Lakeside last week. I’m just not convinced. But I’ve never seen any of the films, so even at the currently reduced price it’s still a fair whack for a blind purchase (not that I’ve never done that before, mind you). How are they?

1 Like

The ‘Empire of Screams’ box-set is being delivered today, Asa, so I’ll let you know about them once I receive it, and have a chance to look through each title… :wink:

1 Like

Ordered these on Amazon yesterday morning and they arrived last night. I’ve also got Dark City (Dieterle, 1950) arriving today. Dementer and Dark City are Arrow sale items. I’ve never heard of Dementer and likely wouldn’t have bothered with it but it comes with another movie - Jug Face (Kinkle, 2013) - which I was interested in picking up. The Borderlands is an upgrade from DVD. Black Mountain is a DVD but it doesn’t have any other release in the UK and, in any event, it was less than £3 brand new.

1 Like

I picked this Western Bluray boxset up for just £1.00 from a local charity shop today…so I’m rather happy with that. :cowboy_hat_face:

I haven’t seen ‘Rio Bravo’ for years now, so I’m looking forward very much to revisiting it soon…

4 Likes

Bargain of the month, I’d say! … This set was one of my first BD buys … everything terrific with one notable exception

Well done

:wink:

2 Likes

Very nice deal! That is one of the rare finds that makes the searching so much fun.

2 Likes

Last few months have been a real drought for me … so, in theory I’m due for a big find :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Does it involve a preacher? :smile:

2 Likes

He’s tall, blonde, he smokes a cigar and he’s a pig!

:wink:

1 Like

Some new arrivals today from various sources:

Some Italian crime including the classic The Facts of Murder and a German mediabook release of The Great Kidnapping (1973), a movie I’ve never seen before. I honestly didn’t know this release existed until I came across some guy selling it.

As usual as of late, some more Hammer.

And a minor find from a used record/comic book store that also sells movies. An interesting place to say the least.

5 Likes