I Just Bought … (Non-SW Shopping Diary)

He was the most gentle of people.

I spoke to him, on the phone, many times. He always had time for me.
I miss him, and I miss the telephone conversations I had with him, and his lovely wife, Diana.
They were good days…

I miss him…

2 Likes

That’s lovely for you to share Toscano.
I have a comic book adaption of Jason and the Argonauts from 1963. I sold a Clash of the Titans annual for £20 but no one was prepared to pay above a £10 for the Argonaut comics because they could not sell it on as it was “Too old”, or “Forgotten”. Bloody arrogant heathens!

1 Like

4 Likes

I posted the poster art for Taste the Blood of Dracula so this is right up my street. I still believe that this is the best Dracula film if not the most faithful to the book.
You must fill me in on the quality of the Blu Ray and the extras. The Amazon reviews are not very helpful.

Just ordered:

4 Likes

Fantastic buy, Asa! I have the complete series on blu but as the individual season sets.

1 Like

I concur. A complete box set is always better!

My copy of is in the post and I can’t wait to watch it!!

2 Likes

Are you a big Star Trek fan?

Indeed I am, Ali! I’ve been a big fan as long as I can remember. I like it just as much or more than spaghetti westerns.

I watched the reruns of the original series when I was small. I got a phaser for a present one Christmas. I often wonder how much it would be worth now.
I watched episodes of Voyager. I seemed to miss out on Next Generation. :thinking: I was more into the movies, I had them all on VHS. I will probably get them on Blu Ray.
I am a massive HIGHLANDER fan that was my thing!! :black_flag:󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿:dagger:

1 Like

The ‘Dracula’ BD is worth buying, without a doubt…loads of extras…I’d be surprised if you were disappointed.

2 Likes

Thanks Toscano, Dracula and Curse of Frankenstein are the Hammer Horrors I don’t mind repeat buying!

1 Like

I did my University dissertation on the film advertising of Dracula. So a big chunk was spent on the 1958 Dracula. The artwork was so diverse back then. But I think the one you posted is the most iconic.

2 Likes

One of my favourite Sci fi movies! “Your Move creep!”
Shame about the missing bits.
Great artwork too!

1 Like

I got a refund from the ebay seller that I was getting Robocop from because they said they’ve had long delays in shipping to Canada :frowning: I would’ve gladly waited. So instead I bought these from different sellers:

11781_large

133782_large

6317_large

1 Like

Bits of Trivia:
The House that Dripped Blood was originally titled Death and the Maiden. Ergh!
Christopher Lee was told that the film had already been sold to Warner Brothers despite him not being signed to do it. So Lee was guilted into starring into it by Hammer owner James Carreras.

1 Like

Just ordered:

1 Like

Pre-ordered (due out in October):

3 Likes

I also ordered this yesterday on Clint’s birthday. 3 films that I had wanted to get on blu anyway for a long time.

2 Likes

Snake eyes!! I mean that look alone can put you on ice!!
Even at 90!

1 Like