I Just Bought … (Non-SW Shopping Diary)

Yep. WMM / AVV. Very nice covers. As with always with the Germans and their mediabooks there are a ton to choose from. I just chose those most to my liking.

They all seem to contain the English dubs.

Ordered:

1 Like

didnt like it at all…

I really enjoyed it. Nicolas Cage went a bit “The Wicker Man” towards the end but doesn’t he (almost) always? I mean: Richard Stanley directing Nic Cage in an HP Lovecraft adaptation? It’s like some sort of trash cinema fan’s fantasy Top Trumps! It can’t really lose; it’s either going to be “batshit awful” brilliant or “just plain brilliant” brilliant. Lovecraft adaptations are notoriously ropey but I think this one was decent. I hope it’s a new start for Richard Stanley and not a false dawn.

1 Like

Just got a bunch of new 88 Films-releases and among them these three Italian beauties:

Paranoia
Seven Blood-Stained Orchids
Brothers Till We Die

5 Likes

3 Likes

I also have this one - fairly enjoyable, thanks mainly to Ben Johnson.

Watch out for the camera man in full view towards the end of the film - unbelievable that any director would let that pass in a final cut.

Haha, I would be better off not knowing that! :joy: Been looking forward to watch this one, and the packaging is very nice!

1 Like

New blu-ray:

For completist purposes only, really. The worst movie in the franchise since The Phantom Menace.

3 Likes

The only Disney Star Wars film I remotely liked was Rogue One.

3 Likes

Rogue One was excellent, right up there with the first two movies for me. The Last Jedi was okay and Solo is probably a little better in truth than I gave it credit for at the time. But The Force Awakens was horribly overrated imho and, as I say, The Rise of Skywalker was just a bizarre mess. After 40+ years of devotion to that galaxy far, far away, I now find myself considerably more invested in Star Trek. Heghlu’meH QaQ jajvam!

1 Like

New blu-rays:

(Tiny) upgrade from DVD to blu-ray:

Just ordered a couple of cheap DVDs:

1 Like

You can’t go wrong with ‘Faulty Towers’…!

Every line of dialogue is guaranteed to place a smile on your face.

“MANUEL”!

Just ordered:

2 Likes

Wow what is this? ;))

I’ve never seen it, it’s a blind purchase for me. I’m hoping for an over-enthusiastic, glorious pile of old crap, like Bait or Anaconda. If any of you gentlemen out there are familiar with the Killer Crocodile movies and want to enlighten me as to what I can expect, I’m all ears. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi, buddy.
I’ve never seen the ‘Killer Crocodile’ films, but they must come under the title of ‘Creature Features’. I looked them up on You-tube, earlier on, but the audio for each film was in a foreign language!
However, they sound like something to get your teeth into… :grinning:

The ‘Horror Channel’ seems to be forever broadcasting ‘killer-croc’ features.

Other ‘Creature’ features, to look out for, involve grizzly bears, killer baboons, rats, worms, slugs, St. Bernard’s, frogs, ants, giant octopuss, tarantulas, snakes, sharks, cats, dogs, and birds and bees… to name but a few.

Stay well, and carry on with the ‘glorious pile of old crap’. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Looking forward to receiving the BD’s I bought in the ‘Arrow’ sale, last week…
Not been able to buy anything for a very, very long time, so this will be a real treat. :slightly_smiling_face:

Candyman
House by the Cemetery
City of the Living Dead
Slugs
Lifeforce
The Wild Geese
Horror Express

Also bought, from ‘Amazon’…

‘Dirty Harry’ collection
‘Indiana Jones’ collection
‘Alien’ 1-4 collection
‘The Mummy’ collection
‘The Evil Dead’ collection
‘Zulu’
‘The Italian Job’
‘The Man Who Haunted Himself’ (Roger Moore’s best film)
‘Kelly’s Heroes’
‘Where Eagles Dare’
‘Aquaman’
‘Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom’

1 Like

I picked up the Blu-Ray Once Upon a Time in the West by Sergio Leone.
That Harmonica man music is chilling. Ennio Morricone is amazing, that and Ecstasy of Gold are a couple of my favorite music pieces

2 Likes

I bought a new LED TV. It’s not 4K but it’s a step up from my old 720p TV I got in 2011. It’s not a Smart TV either but I don’t really bother with netflix or youtube (I have those on my PS3 anyway connected to the TV). The price was the best part. As with my previous TV, the first film I’ll watch on it will be Once Upon a Time in the West.

2 Likes