I Just Bought … (Non-SW Shopping Diary)

Grazie Aldo!

1 Like

In Sweden, the production wheel is rolling as usual, with our health put at risk :cowboy_hat_face: Sometimes I can’t understand the country I’m living in…

Thank you Mr. Fudd. In the state of New Jersey we’re allowed no more than 10 people per visit, though I’m unsure if this is still in place, but you only have one Birthday a year. Wow, only 3 visitors at the same time?; well, being cautious isn’t that bad of a thing.

New blu-ray ordered:

68808_large

1 Like

New blu-ray:

New blu-ray:

New DVD:

I’m waiting for the Criterion release of The Great Escape this year. But it could of course get delayed now…

1 Like

I didn’t find out about the Criterion until after I ordered the MGM disc, actually.

A couple of Italian genre movies and a couple more examples of Richard Harrison cinema turned up today:

Poliziotto sprint
Beyond the Door

The Secret of the Lost Empire
Mission Thunderbolt
Ninja Operation 5: Godfather the Master
Ninja Kill
Ninja Squad
Ninja Champion

3 Likes

Nice haul!! I was planning on getting Poliziotto Sprint myself, and then the COVID-19 Pandemic started and I started holding back on orders from Europe. I will get it, and a few other things I had my eye on once this thing is over.

How’s the prints on the Harrison films? Also, does Highway Racer have English audio or only subtitles? I might stick with my VHS

Have only watched a couple of the Harrison movies I’ve purchased within the last couple of months and the prints are decent to fine I’ll say. Don’t expect them to ever look better. Poliziotti sprint only has English subs but I will only want to watch this with the Italian dub anyways so not a problem for me :slight_smile:

Don’t expect them to ever look better ? :slight_smile:

Yep. I don’t really know what you want me to say. Looks decent to me.

If you mean the quality of the movies themselves so sure they are no Citizen Kanes but having actually seen that one neither is Citizen Kane :slight_smile:

I mean most of these Godfrey Ho movies on dvds are sourced from vhs tapes but they’re currently being restored.

These are the brand-new German releases mostly I think scanned from 35mm film rolls so not sourced from vhs.

Also a couple are actually blu-ray releases believe it or not :slight_smile:

good news then ! :+1: what company is releasing them ? is it all from AVV video ?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbvtq_C2iHSLBNSe_cid4UQ/videos

by the way these germans surely know how to make some kick ass boxart :slight_smile:

1 Like

My top three Godfrey Ho films for Blu-ray releases would be Hands of Death, Ninja Terminator and Angel Enforcers. I have a nice widesceen print of Angel Enforcers but with English subtitles only. I want to see the English dub.

1 Like