I Just Bought … (Non-SW Shopping Diary)

It is :slight_smile: Both the new and original Suspiria on UHD. Soundtracks to both. A couple of posters and some photos and a book. All in a box the sizd of a very thick LP cover. Quite bulky. Also includes blu-ray and dvd versions of both movies if wanted.

1 Like

That’s fantastic! Suspiria (2018) still hasn’t had a DVD/blu-ray release in the UK (EDIT: a quick look on Amazon UK shows me it’s finally coming out in October). Dunno what the problem was.

Insert obligatory avalanche of Brexit jokes here.

1 Like

More Italian additions turned up today:

Emanuelle in America
Double Face
The Possessed
The Fifth Cord

2 Likes

Very nice haul. I still have to get Double Face, and the The Possessed and The Fifth Cord were Birthday gifts. I plan on doing write ups for The Possessed and Fifth Cord for my Giallo series on my blog in late July, early August.

Nice :slight_smile:

Yep I try to keep more or less up to date with most Arrow releases but especially their Italian titles… and all their horror … and film noir etc. :slight_smile: Ran out of space ages ago.

I ordered a couple classic British horror double-feature blu-rays. The reviews say there are no special features and the video and audio is not perfect but for the price for 2 films each I couldn’t resist adding them to my collection of region A friendly Hammer/Amicus horror.

23078_large

159686_large

3 Likes

Was very disappointed in Mill Creek’s Double bill of Curse of the Mummy’s Tomb and Evil of Frankenstein, will be upgrading to the Indicator set.

1 Like

I didn’t see another set when I searched blu-ray.com archives for Revenge of Frankenstein. I read that this was the “only way to have these films on blu-ray.” I guess I should’ve looked harder.

New blu-ray:

I’m tempted by this pre-order (out in September):

Macabre Visions: The Films of Mario Bava
-Black Sunday
-The Girl Who Knew Too Much
-Black Sabbath
-Kill, Baby… Kill!
-Five Dolls For an August Moon
-A Bay of Blood
-Baron Blood
-Lisa and the Devil
-Rabid Dogs

All previous Arrow releases I think, but I don’t have any of them and - full disclosure - I’ve never seen a Mario Bava picture before. Worth a blind punt for £67 do you think, gentlemen?

4 Likes

I own the first three titles myself, but I’d certainly get it at the right price.

1 Like

Just bought this at my local charity shop … worth a ‘punt’, at 30p !? LOL :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I never find any SWs on Bd … but to quote Harmonica, “Someday”

2 Likes

Well it’s only £55 directly from Arrow but Amazon will probably hit that price before release. It’s certainly worth it if you are missing all of the releases. I got them all so will pass.

But how you’ve come to never watching a single Bava-movie I have hard time grasping.

2 Likes

image image image

5 Likes

Right. Let’s do this.

Pre-ordered (out in September):

I dunno either! They’ve just managed to pass me by somehow. Still, I’ll have a few to look through in another couple of months. :+1:

2 Likes

New blu-ray:

1 Like

Some Italian genre stuff turned up yesterday:

Night Killer
Robowar
Emanuelle and Francoise
Escape from Womens Prison

1 Like

That is a fucking cool edition.
I got my Synapse version signed by Dario Argento and Claudio Simonetti:

5 Likes

I ordered The Fifth Cord from Arrow and they forgot to post it with my other Blu-rays. I informed them over a week ago. They said they’d post it but I’m still waiting. Never had such problems with Arrow before.