I Just Bought … (Non-SW Shopping Diary)

A tv series for once:

Orzowei

AC_US218

Kinda wish I had this when I met Jeff Combs and Barbara Crampton the other month:

2 Likes

Also ordered that The Deer Hunter UHD and preordered some of the coming John Carpenter UHD collector’s editions. Still need a player and tv but the reasons for upgrading are piling up.

1 Like

I saw those being advertised on a facebook group I am in. I would buy them but I don’t have a 4K TV or blu-ray player. I just finished collecting a bunch of the regular blu-ray collector’s editions.

That must’ve been fun! I am a fan of Jeffrey Combs from Star Trek and his many Lovecraft horror movie appearances. I’ve been wanting to get the Scream Factory collector’s edition of From Beyond.

1 Like

I still haven’t got round to watching the DVD of The Deer Hunter , which I bought about 10 years ago :blush: Technology is moving way to fast for me.

I did see it in the cinema around 1982, and was blown away (not in the Russian roulette sense )

1 Like

These days The Deer Hunter is synonymous with The Searchers for some folk. “It’s racist! Therefore 0/10!” :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I’ve only owned it via a cheap dvd release I never had the stomach to watch else my only encounter with it is when sent on tv. Haven’t seen it for 15 years I think.

But I know what you mean. Buying a dvd that gets upped by a blu-ray that gets beaten by a better transfer blu-ray and now potentially beaten by a UHD and every single one of them still in shrink.

This is my 4th time owning it.

DVD > 2 disc DVD > Digibook blu-ray > 4K blu-ray

1 Like

LOL … Thank God we now live in a world where everyone accepts and respects each other’s cultural diversity, and we’re all best pals - Damn those old Hollywood directors for portraying the armies as mean spirited baddies - What’s wrong with those people ! :laughing:

2 Likes

Just bought a couple used blu-rays on ebay:

25114_large

16719_large

Just ordered:

A single Italian:

Das schreckliche Geheimnis des Dr. Hichcock

AC_US218

Had a bit of a binge recently due to my local Fopp having a sale on.

3 Likes

How is the quality of the Fenech films? I heard some negative reviews about the shameless releases, so I haven’t bothered purchasing them yet.

Haven’t had a chance to look at them yet but will let you know when I do

1 Like

Does anyone here own this?

86453_large

Will it absolutely not work in a Region A player? I really want it because of all the new special features but I can’t find one for Region A. I thought Arrow releases were mostly region free.

Only the ones that are also released in Region A-country. The UK-only releases are nearly all of them region locked.

Thanks…I guess I’m outta luck :confused:

New blu-rays:

Selected Arrow titles 5 for £30 in HMV.

2 Likes