I Just Bought … (Non-SW Shopping Diary)

A bunch from Mondo Macabro turned up today:

1 Like

You’re going to go blind you are, you dirty hobbit.

Keep pulling at it, and you’ll pull it right off.

:grinning:

2 Likes

LOL. I only watch them for their fine displays of acting :slight_smile:

Either way nearly all my movie purchases are blind buys anyways.

1 Like

Just picked up The Candy Tangerine Man double format edition, and some Aisan Gangsters films: Hired Guns, The Devil’s Treasure, A Profile in Anger and Shaw Brothers The Fugitive with Lo Lieh, a personal favorite of mine :smile:.

1 Like

Got that Candy Tangerine Man double on my wish list aswell. Also most of the other stuff Vinegar Syndrome has released recently. Have actually preordered their next monthly package as there were a couple of limiteds included this time.

I got Disco Godfather coming, maybe Evils of the Night…Vinegar Syndrome are really good at picking unintentionally hilarious movies, like Cry Wilderness, Supersoul Brother, Don’t Go In the Woods, Vampire Hookers

New DVD:

New Blu-Ray:

Star Trek: The Motion Picture (Wise, 1979)
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan (Meyer, 1982)
Star Trek III: The Search For Spock (Nimoy, 1984)
Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home (Nimoy, 1986)
Star Trek V: The Final Frontier (Shatner, 1989)
Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country (Meyer, 1991)

Three DVDs and a VHS:

Bought on ebay.com:

Upgrades from DVD to Blu-Ray:

Upgrade from 1-Disc Blu-Ray to 2-Disc Blu-Ray:

New Blu-Rays:

Zavvi.com (EUR 19.60)

New Blu-Ray:

I’ve never seen it, I’m led to understand it’s not very good. But it was £4 and it completes my set of Paranormal Activity blu-rays.

I keep promising myself I’m going to stop buying films I don’t give a shit about for completist purposes only, but if I only kept the Paranormal Activity pics I truly enjoyed and wanted to own, I’d only have the first, third and fifth entries. Wouldn’t that look… wrong? On the other hand, why should I care? It’s my collection, I’d know why some titles in this series or that were absent.

One day, I’ll do it. I’ll free myself from ***Exorcist 2: The Heretic,***, A Good Day to Die Hard, The Dark Knight Rises, the Saw movies from part 4 onwards, every season of The Simpsons past season ten, the last four seasons of Dexter, Red Dwarf: Back to Earth, that complete set of Clarkson DVDs and Top Gear DVDs which I NEVER watch, partly because my opinion of Clarkson has shifted over the years from “He’s obviously playing a self-deprecating and dryly comic caricature of his perceived self, no one’s really that much of a self-centred prat” to “Oh! He’s not in character after all; he really IS a self-centred prat,” but mostly of course because the f#cking show is repeated three times a day EVERY day on “Dave” anyway…

One day. Yeah, right. :slight_smile:

Just ordered:

On a bit of a Kaiju kick at the moment.

Just ordered:

New blu-ray:

I bought 2 box sets of Laurel & Hardy including: A Chump at Oxford, Someone’s Ailing, Way Out West, Ollie and Matrimony, Our Relations, Murder in the Air, Block Heads, Blackmail, Bohemian Girl and Snow.

Got these two Retromedia releases:

1 Like

Amazon.co.uk (GBP 25.91)

Nice one fella, those Daimajin pics are terrific if you like that sort of thing. They’re high on my wish list right now too.

Mostly virgin country for me but I’ve got a diverse taste when it comes to genre movies :slight_smile:

I think that Beast Collection is more or less OOP but they can be had on amazon.com brand new for $6.99 (+postage) straight from Retromedia it seems.