I Just Bought … (Non-SW Shopping Diary)

They made SIX Resident Evil films!!??

3 Likes

"They made SIX Resident Evil films!!??"

Yeah…apparently. I’ve only seen the original, and No. five, and they were on dvd from a local charity shop - but I enjoyed them…pure, unadulterated popcorn flicks.

I’m looking forward to watching all of them on bluray; although I’ve heard that the last one, ‘Final Chapter’, has the most atrocious editing going - too fast, with strobe lighting etc. Seemingly every action sequence has 3-4-5 cuts every other second The camera is shaking even when all the characters are static.

Anyhow, I’m going to be stocking up on plenty of popcorn… :smiley:

2 Likes

Nowt wrong with the Resident Evil movies. :+1:

Well, I mean, there’s loads wrong with them. They’re crap. :grinning: But in a silly, fun way. I’ve got them and I like them. Can’t remember what happened in any of them, but I like them.

They’re rebooting them as well, apparently.

2 Likes

Pre-ordered (due out later this month):

Been waiting for this one for some time, it was one of my favourite films of the 90s back in the day. Just need one of these boutique distributors to give Ricochet (Mulcahy, 1991) a bit of love now.

3 Likes

Some recent purchases from different sources.

4 Likes

Just added blue ray Two Mules For Sister Sara to my collection from Kino.

3 Likes

I wasn’t able to get this directly from 88 Films thanks to being in Quarantine (and not wanting to give germs to our mail carrier), but I was finally to snag a copy from a company called OrbitDVD

6 Likes

New blu-ray:

4 Likes

5 Likes

New DVDs:

3 Likes

Satisfying my Jackie Chan cravings:

4 Likes

A couple of new additions that arrived today:

4 Likes

I really enjoyed Red Queen. It has a really groovy main theme.

2 Likes

Mondo Macabro announced last week that they had some non-numbered red case editions of this left over, so I picked up a copy

I also picked up a copy of this long thought lost Giallo that’s been restored in HD

3 Likes

2 Likes

Honestly, I didn’t know there was a Wrong Turn 4. I really enjoyed the first one though…even if it did make my relatives look bad. :laughing:

1 Like

The first one is sort of a classic, but are the others any good even?

I only saw the second one. Definitely not on the level of the first one but, for punk fans, it did star Henry Rollins so it had that going for it…I guess.

Purchased
EKA70430_TheMillionairesExpress_3D_OCARD_website-pack_500px

4 Likes

Ebay purchase:

6 Likes