I Just Bought … (Non-SW Shopping Diary)

Something like that

I will try and remember it if I am after something different. Although I must admit Phil H I am not as adventurous as I used to be.

GIALLO films blow hot and cold with me. They tend to bore me. Don’t get me wrong there are some great ones though.

Well, in that case I guarantee you will find this one boring.

Ha Ha! :smile:
No point opening up a Giallo thread either.

1 Like

Oh cool! I will check it out. :+1:

New blu-ray:

DeepDiscount has a War+Western sale going on. To support the SWDb, access it through this link:
Link to war and western sale on DeepDiscount

1 Like

Just bought this amazing tribute to Ray Harryhausen.

Got to meet Ray at his London home, in 2001.
He was such a gentleman, so humble, and an absolutle pleasure to chat with.

On the same day, I saw Ennio Morricone at his first British performance, at the Barbican.

2 Likes

Oh lucky you!! He is one member of movie royalty I would loved to have met. Forget Dennis Muran. I have the DVD version on my Amazon wishlist.
I have a Harryhausen section on my DVD rack. With Jack the Giant Killer as Harryhausen imitation.

1 Like

Thank you. It was an honour to meet him.

I can imagine.
Maybe you should open a Harryhausen thread?

I got to meet Ray’s daughter Vanessa a couple of years ago in Scotland.

3 Likes

Truly…I don’t apply ‘Gentle-man’ to many people, but Ray was…

I think that is why he was and is still universally loved. I have never heard or read an article where a bad thing was said about him.

1 Like

He was the most gentle of people.

I spoke to him, on the phone, many times. He always had time for me.
I miss him, and I miss the telephone conversations I had with him, and his lovely wife, Diana.
They were good days…

I miss him…

2 Likes

That’s lovely for you to share Toscano.
I have a comic book adaption of Jason and the Argonauts from 1963. I sold a Clash of the Titans annual for £20 but no one was prepared to pay above a £10 for the Argonaut comics because they could not sell it on as it was “Too old”, or “Forgotten”. Bloody arrogant heathens!

1 Like

4 Likes

I posted the poster art for Taste the Blood of Dracula so this is right up my street. I still believe that this is the best Dracula film if not the most faithful to the book.
You must fill me in on the quality of the Blu Ray and the extras. The Amazon reviews are not very helpful.