I Am Sartana, Your Angel of Death / Sono Sartana, il vostro becchino (Giuliano Carnimeo, 1969)

So it is part of the BluRay box, just wanna make sure everyone gets that box :wink:

https://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Buon_funerale,_amigos!.._paga_Sartana/BluRay

See the BluRay news topicā€¦

On TV today in the UK movies4men channel 48 at 3:10 pm

Few screenshots from the broadcast

1 Like

Was it from the Arrow Blu-ray?

It appears to be the same source, only broadcast in standard def ā€¦ Nice to see these titles turn up on TV, better late than never. :grinning:

Yeah, itā€™s a great way to introduce people to these films. Funny thing is, it was actually movies4men that re-kindled my love for spaghetti westerns. I was quite the fan when I was a kid and started collecting them but suddenly stopped and developed interests in other things. Then I saw Taste of Killing on movies4men a few years ago and fell in love with the genre all over again.

1 Like

Me too ā€¦ recorded that one with my VHS machine ā€¦ so it must be quite a while ago?

I think it was 2014-2015. I recorded it on VHS the next time it came on but they ended up having problems that day and the signal went out, so I only had the first half.

Funny thing is, I recorded ā€˜Taste for Killingā€™ and ā€˜Bury Them Deepā€™ on one tape ā€¦ so, as you know, I ended up seeing the same action scenes repeated in both films. Weird!

I think I taped these much earlier, as I remember having a huge Sony Widescreen TV then, which took two strong guys to lift. Great TV in itā€™s day, but what a monster.

We have updated this movieā€™s page in the SWDb to the new 3.0 format. Please have a look, explore, and let us know if you find anything that needs to be fixed and improved. Especially, I believe we need trivia, version info, VHS and laserdisc info, location info and more pictures, etc.

This one was my first Sartana some 20 years ago, and I was disappointed.
But meanwhile I got used to the everything-goes-goofiness of the Sartana and Sabata films, to the excentric style of Carnimeo and Parolini. Sono Sartana is maybe still the weakest of the 4 (or 5) Sartanas, but I enjoyed it now.

It was my first one too and Iā€™ve always had a fondness for it as a result. But over the years Iā€™ve come to rate a couple of the others higher. Still love the opening credits and theme music though

Yep, the credits sequence is great, and the score is good.

The plot is a bit too convoluted, and the shoot-outs seem often not that much connected. I also rewatched Sartana Is Coming (the others will also follow soon), which also was more fun than before, and which is the better film of the 2. My Favourite is Have a Good Funeral. I doubt that that will change.

I take it you finally got the Arrow set, since you enquired about it recently?

Yes, I bought it, after I realised that my copy of Sono Sartana was cut and with bad colours. Fair set-price also.

Well, yes, I should have bought it earlier, but I donā€™t want to buy films again and again, there will always be a newer edition with this better and that better ā€¦

I try to be the same but I tend to fail :joy: I say once Iā€™ve got a good Blu release iā€™m happy, but then if something comes out which is more definitive or has a language option the other doesnā€™t, I usually end up getting that one as well.

One important selling point for the Sartana box is the inclusion of subs translated from the Italian version.
Well, buying point in that case ā€¦

Poll and all the rest of it added to the first post at the top of the page. :arrow_up: