How's the weather like?

Yep, freezing here too, but otherwise clear despite reports we were going to get some snow tonight. The kid’s got an electric underblanket on…i’ll have to settle for a hot waterbottle!

Better than nothing I guess.

Yeah…at least my feet won’t freeze :wink:

Are you living in a tent? Turn up the heat :slight_smile:

It was the hottest day ever recorded (since they started recording temperature) in Australia where I live today (46C, 118F)

A very thick fog here

Very cold indeed !

Temperatures are above zero again, but a persistent drizzle is spoiling the fun

Where abouts in Oz do you live CCB?

Melbourne

I’ve lived in Australia on a few occasions. Not Melbourne though. Sydney and Queensland. In fact my son was born on the Gold Coast.
It was partially the heat that eventually drove me out :smiley:

Oh right, nice, I love the Gold Coast. It’s flooding up in Queensland now. But it hasn’t rained in nearly 2 months where I am.

Maybe you should move to New Zealand. I spent a number of years there too and Auckland must be the rain capital of the southern hemisphere :wink:

I met a few Australians in Scotland some 18 months ago (it was the month that England was flooding up)
We were talking about the weather conditions in Australia and (versus) Britain; they told me it was hard to live in Australia, because of that heat and (especially) the lack of rain.

Yeah it’s only been the last 3 weeks that it’s been really hot where I am… the lack of rain is really bad, we’ve been on water restrictions for a few years, there’s meant to be a storm tomorrow though.

I hope this storm has arrived, but I’m afraid it didn’t
We see all kind of awfull images of South-East Australia, Melbourne region
I thought it’s were you live, and I sure do hope you and your family are fine

Hey thanks, I live in the city and don’t know anyone who lives in the fire areas. It’s horrible though, worst natural disaster in Australian history, can’t believe what has happened this week.

Just when it looked like it was going to clear up, it snows! But its melted by now.

Very cold.

It has been raining for days here, now it’s mainly dry
People have been complaining about this damn rain, and it doesn’t help when you tell them that in some other parts of the world people are dying for a drop of water

I feel a little quaint about these things: one moment you watch the news with all these images and stories about fire and infernal heat in Australia, the next moment you step on your bike and notice you need a rain coat. The world has become very small, too small to understand.