How do you sort your Spaghetti Collection?

I was thinking the same thing. And I still find it hard to sort by english titles since the actual DVD’s themselves for the large part have no english written on them!

My collection is a complete mess but I would anyways say A-Z. ::slight_smile:

How does an A-Z mess look like?

Until recently, I haven’t had any of the double feature discs, and now I’m running into that problem. I still don’t have any of the box sets, so that’s not a factor at this point.

[quote=“Phil H, post:36, topic:1660”]I love the way this thread has got us all so involved so quick.
Geeks of the world Unite!!

Reading through it, I couldn’t help but be reminded of that scene from High Fidelity.

Whenever I watch this film with my wife she just looks at me knowingly :D[/quote]

hahah… I was thinking the same thing, although not the High Fidelity connection… good call! I need to get ahold of that movie and watch it again.

I’m really enjoying seeing everyone’s responses, I had no idea there’d be this much variation…

I don’t think I can resist sorting by release, mainly because of the Koch rainbow discs and the NEW hardboxes

File the disc in my big dvd case alphabetically by the film which is closest to the letter A and there will be an insert in the pretend space for the second film…please refer to title… (this will be the title of the first film).

Nice. And of course the only way to really solve ‘the problem’. Hope you haven’t got any of those 50 Movie Packs though Ennioo :slight_smile: I’m sure you have to ‘cheat’ the system occasionally.

But like I said in my initial post the main thing is that one is able to find a given movie in ones collection. But then again if one is to spend a couple of minutes exploring the shelves that is time good spent anyways :slight_smile:

[quote=“Søren, post:46, topic:1660”]Nice. And of course the only way to really solve ‘the problem’. Hope you haven’t got any of those 50 Movie Packs though Ennioo :slight_smile: I’m sure you have to ‘cheat’ the system occasionally.

But like I said in my initial post the main thing is that one is able to find a given movie in ones collection. But then again if one is to spend a couple of minutes exploring the shelves that is time good spent anyways :)[/quote]

No 50 packs yet…but like you say I may have to cheat the system then ;).

I don’t have a system. I just group them loosely ie; all the Sartana’s are together, as are the Djangos and so on. I don’t have any of the Sartana/Django collaborations so no idea where I’d stick them!

Between “Sartana section” and “Django section” :wink:

…except there’s a load of other stuff in between already! I’m too lazy to move stuff around. Sometimes while having to search through a disorganized collection for a particular film you stumble across something else you haven’t watched in ages and stick it on instead. The chaos has its advantages.

F*ck alphabetical sorting and ordering by label, a real spaghetti western fan would of course just sort them by number of kills.

hahah :smiley:

of course, I don’t know why I didn’t think of it before

I don’t understand why any one would sort their collection other than alphabetically! Sure, it would be nice to sort by director, label, etc. But what if you have two Djangos or something? One here, one there… it makes no sense :slight_smile:

I have them in alphabetical order and some are separated by label - the Wild East ones are in numerical order and I have the DVD-rs in separated as well (in alphabetical order).

I don’t sort them so I don’t know.

This looks like the most appealing way to me. I’ll try your method.

Pretty good.

Let’s sort them by their rank in the official forum charts!

thanks Colonel.

I do the alphabet thing too. For SW’s i use the English title even if it’s not what’s actually on the spine. My main collection is divided into B&W and color. SW’s, John Carpenter, Hitchcock and Bela Lugosi all have their own section. I like Phil’s way of chronological order, but i’m afraid it would take me too long to get used to it, since i don’t know the years of all the film’s off the top of my head.