How do you sort your Spaghetti Collection?

I’m still looking for a method, they’re all over the place, just like my books (some 2000)

Having your DVDs and books all over the place, is a good memory training: I want to know where they all are, so I have to use a infinite number of tricks to get everything in my head. Usually I find the DVD or book I’m looking for within a quarter of an hour, so my system is as good as any, I would say …

A quarter of an hour :o
You should be well into the first reel of the film by then!
Trust me Scherps, chronologically is the way forward. It may not be as asthetically pleasing on the shelf as sorting by company but it’s efficient and has the added value of working on a stylistic level too as the films developed over the years.

I have to admit I do like some order in my collection.

The ones which are in an order, are sorted by directors (of course).

[quote=“Stanton, post:64, topic:1660”]The ones which are in an order, are sorted by directors (of course).[/quote]Of course, we all know you hate actors :smiley:

[quote=“Phil H, post:62, topic:1660”]A quarter of an hour :o
You should be well into the first reel of the film by then!
Trust me Scherps, chronologically is the way forward. It may not be as asthetically pleasing on the shelf as sorting by company but it’s efficient and has the added value of working on a stylistic level too as the films developed over the years.[/quote]

I’ll try your system … if I’ll ever have the time to give it a try

It usually is a lot of work to implement a new system … I either don’t start or give up half way, and then my wife finishes the job and … I can’f find any book, DVD or no matter what …

Ha ha, not to forget women … and SWs anyway…

I was beginning to think I’m the only one this way makes the most sense to… I think by director is the best in terms of putting films together, but I still think I’ll probably go with by label for visual appeal… Still, its hard to break apart the films of prolific directors like Corbucci… perhaps I’ll just go with a hybrid system instead of conforming to one method only

Or we pile the whole crap up and burn it!

One thing with my collection is that because i am fast running out of shelf space, i stashed all the big boxes (like X Rated) upstairs and put the films in regular boxes with custom covers. Don’t look as nice but can fit more in that way…

I call the X Rated ones my alternative book collection :D.

Would certainly solve the problem but make finding a movie later that more difficult.

I sort them from A - Z in english and german.
Now i make a list wich is sorted by the premiere at cinema,including the original,english and german title,premiere dates,scope and color,directors,cameramen,composers,actors and informations about the versions i own.
Nearly 40 i’ve already finished,so it’ll takes a little time … :stuck_out_tongue:

I would imagine it does. :slight_smile:

I have 5 leather bound cd storage boxes that I keep 75 apiece in, in any order - and 4 of these are completely full. Because each sleeve is double sided and was meant to hold 2 discs (I only use it to hold one as a rule) - I can keep 2 versions of the same disc if necessary. Most of these are dvdrs, although some are the cardboard sleeve ones. Some have some sort of printed cover cut down to a square to help finding - altho’ many do not (as yet).
Any legit discs and boxsets (of which I have a fair few) get to star on a shelf of their own / along with dvdrs of note - (Kill the Wickeds, comes to mind).

As you can imagine, this used yto lead to all sorts of problems finding a certain film - what with my memory :stuck_out_tongue: … but now I’ve lettered the boxes ABCD&E and listed the films alphabetically as a word doc on the computer.
So now i jus’ look up the title in English-ish … say El Puro, (that’s not English :stuck_out_tongue: :slight_smile: tho’) … and get … say B47. If it’s on the shelf it says S - but I reckon I can remember these 80 or so.
It all works wonderfully …

… so where’s the fucks The Christmas Kid gone!!?
(It’s a lot easier to misplace these little buggers than it is a full-size dvd case!)

You have to be one with your collection! This eternal oneness leads you to a deeper understanding of your little treasures. Closing your eyes in front of your collection opens a heavenly gate, the answer to the question “where is the SW I’m looking for?” reaches you over a celestial bridge!

You feel it! You feel the location of the silver disc!

You open you arms and say:

Lil’ SW, thou livest yonder, come hither! :-*

After posting on here 6 years ago, I realised my earlier system relied too heavily on my shockingly bad memory and that my ol’ computer would’nt die and take its secrets to the grave with it . :stuck_out_tongue:

So… I’ve just spent hours this morning re-ordering everything alphabetically. I’ve used the most common name for the most part, many of which coincide with the names on our dedicated threads for the film.

However - this has meant that I now have a few less films than I previously thought… how come ???

I found that I had both Pray to God and Dig Your Grave as well as Say Your Prayers and Dig Your Grave - which of course are the same film (now filed under PTGADYG).

I was confused as to what films both Lynching and Cry of Death were, and upon checking was somewhat surprised to find them to be the same film (although different versions of it) and they are both filed now under If One is Born a Swine… Kill Him! - a film I didn’t know I had. ;D

Anyway - I’m hoping that spaghetti-life will be a bit easier now.

Unfortunately I don’t sort any of my DVDs … constantly looking for a particular movie or DVD

Alphabetical order for DVDs and BDs (which are ordered together), as well as separate alphabetical piles for DVDRs. Simplicity itself as long as one continues to adhere to it.

Yes - but scherpy… you can watch a film, write a review, and then cross-referencing and contextualising - regarding directors, stars, supports etc. in a historical, socio-political and cultural soup - commit it to memory… I, on the other hand can barely remember the things I find most important… its blouses, plastic cactii etc.

As for example - last night’s viewing of whateveritwascalled ???, whereby the main thing I remember was Lorenzo’s jacket - (which was a beaut btw). :wink: