Okay, here we go again.
October is around the corner, we all know what that means: movie buffs from around the world are rejoicing in horror marathons and challenges. This year I am streching mine challenge to 40 days and I am combining it with popular Hoop-tober 4.0 challenge on letterboxd: https://letterboxd.com/cinemonster/list/the-night-hooptober-came-home-hoop-tober/
Hoop-tober 4.0 challenge consists of the these few easy rules:
* 6 sequels (mix-and-match. 6 total)
* 6 countries
* 6 decades
* 6 films from before 1970
* 6 films from the following: Carpenter, Raimi, Whale, Browning, Craven, Tom Holland (mix-and-match, or all one)
* 3 people eating people (non-zombie)
* 1 Hammer Film
* 1 Romero Dead film
* 1 terrible oversight (use the following link, filter out the films you've seen and picked the highest rated film from the list that you can get ahold of) letterboxd.com/films/genre/horror/by/rating/size/small/
* And 2 Tobe Hooper Films (There must ALWAYS be a Hooper film)
...to which I have added these few categories of my own:
- Horror/western crossover
- Stephen King
- Animals/force of the nature/eco horror
- In space/From space/SF
- This year's monster: Vampires
- Set in snow
- Traped/Home Invasion/Survival
- SPECIAL CATEGORY: 80s Slasher
Idea is to award movie a point for each category it falls into, or lighter version would be just to match all categories. Special category is this year's main theme.
There is no rule to watch at least one movie per day, so any number of movies will do. End is on Halloween off course.
So, here's my list of 50 movies I am planning to watch (well, most of them): https://letterboxd.com/mavuku/list/40-days-of-night-no-sleep-til-halloween/
You can follow my watched diary on letterboxd, and I will occasionaly post a summary here.