"Hidden Gems" List

I think Finders Killers is an obscenely underrated masterpiece better than any Leone.

Seriously, Dead Men Ride is a gem.

Even though itā€™s been awhile since I last said something :smiley: I must say that Five Giants from Texas has to be a hidden gem. It is just a simple run-and-gun movie with a pretty memorable score (Lacarenza is on trumpet!). Even though Iā€™m not a huge fan of Guy Madison he is decent in this movie. The action is also very well-staged and Aldo Florio directed this movie, so you know itā€™s good :smiley:

This is a very good idea that I think we need toget on the DB:

Allow me to restart

1. Shoot the Living, Pray for the Dead (Koch release yes but appreciation No!
  2. The Boldest Job in the West
  3. Black Jack
  4. Red Coat
  5. Twice a Judas
  6. Pray to God and Dig Your Grave
  7. El Puro
  8. One More to Hell
  9. Night of the Serpent
  10. John the Bastard

[quote=ā€œkorano, post:23, topic:1706ā€]This is a very good idea that I think we need toget on the DB:

Allow me to restart

1. Shoot the Living, Pray for the Dead (Koch release yes but appreciation No!
  2. The Boldest Job in the West
  3. Black Jack
  4. Red Coat
  5. Twice a Judas
  6. Pray to God and Dig Your Grave
  7. El Puro
  8. One More to Hell
  9. Night of the Serpent
  10. John the Bastard[/quote]

Gotta agree with you with shoot the living pray for the dead. Great film. I want to see black jack.

Just looked this up, canā€™t believe iā€™ve never heard of it.

Black Jack is great. That the ā€˜heroā€™ is actually a bloodthirsty maniac of a villian adds a lot to the film.

Any SW fan should see The Boldest Job In The West. Absolutely awsome film. Challenge Of The MacKennas and A Pistol For One Hundred Graves are both good films.

I want to see it, i just can not seem to find a decent copy of it anywhere.

Cine City has one, the one I bought.

Maybe you can write about other ā€œhidden gemsā€ because now i am looking for good spags, which are little known.

I was about to start my own ā€œHidden Gemsā€ thread when it suggested this to me. Does anyone have any recommendations? Iā€™m hoping thereā€™s still some four star spaghetti westerns that I havenā€™t watched yet.

Taste of Vengeance (1969) I vigliacchi non pregano
Last of the Badmen (1967) Il tempo degli avvoltoi
They Were Called Graveyard (1969) Due volte Giuda
Kill the Wicked! (1967) Dio non paga il sabato
Dead Men Donā€™t Count (1968) ĀæQuiĆ©n grita venganza?
Tequila Joe (1968) ā€¦e venne il tempo di uccidere
Thompson 1880 (1966)

Thanks! I have them all except for Thompson 1880 and Dead Men Donā€™t Count. Iā€™ll definitely get around to checking those two out.

More Dollars for the McGregors havenā€™t been mentioned yet. That one really qualifies as a hidden gem imo, good but not very well known film.

Yes, More Dollars for the McGregors is recommended from me too.

Mulargiaā€™s Vaya con Dios Gringo is another unknown one with interesting atmosphere and a lot of strong scenes.

And John the Bastard.

Havenā€™t seen that one, either. Thanks for the recommendation!

I didnā€™t finish John the Bastard but Iā€™d like to give it another try.

These gems are worth watching.

1. Black Jack 1968 really liked this.
  2. Minnesota clay 1964 a true hidden gem here. Love Cameron Mitchell
  3. The Tramplers 1965 Joseph cotton, enough said. Great plot too.
  4. The Deserter 1971 violent as hell, also includes chuck Connors and woody strode.
  5. Nest of vipers 1969 is Petroniā€™s gem.
  6. They call him cemetery 1971 features Garko doing what he does best.
  7. Johnny Yuma 1966 features mark Damon in a action packed revenge tale.
  8. I am sartana trade your pistols for a coffin 1970 features a great score and George Hilton kicking ass.
  9. Sonny and Jed 1974 features a great cast and is over the top in both style and action. Milan is outstanding.
  10. Ace high 1968, I feel like this is just all around getting zero love, I canā€™t understand why.

I really like The Deserter, too, but I think that the final battle could have been a lot better.

Actually the final battle is pretty bad. Kennedy was a less than mediocre action director.