Heroes of Fort Worth / Gli eroi di Fort Worth (Alberto De Martino, 1964)

SWDb page: Eroi di Fort Worth, Gli - The Spaghetti Western Database

SWDB Synopsis:
During the War of Independence, a group of Southern soldiers form an alliance with the Apache Indians for the purpose of hunting down and killing the Northern soldiers stationed at Fort Worth.

I bought this one in Badajoz among with other Divisa releases, and it is in the pile. Tried to do some research on it, but didn’t find much more. Any thoughts?

Never heard of it!

Really forgettable western about confederates who ally with indians to fight union. There’s also very stupid side-plot where indian girl Amanda (nice indian name) falls in love with the hero. Boring film, people just keep talking and talking. In inevitable way for early sw’s this film also ends in big stand-out against indians, this time it’s quite bizarre scene as the townsfolk are in drag ???

Eduardo Fajardo brings some charm as the villains to otherwise bland cast.

/****

1 Like

Film is way to talkative and you just loose interest in what’s going on very quickly.

Very pedestrian affair it has to be said. Lots of talky exposition interspersed with equal amounts of various groups riding around on horseback. As Bill said above, the stand out point is the soldiers in drag. Apart from that a very dated and old fashioned style of Cavalry versus Indians western.

Have to agree with everybody else here. This one is pretty boring.

@davidgregorybell wrote a kick-ass review of this

https://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Just_Add_Sugar:_Alberto_de_Martino’s_Charge_of_the_7th_Cavalry

Last Friday the German blu ray/dvd Mediabook was released.

Here are some details (runtimes from blu ray)
Main movie completely in HD runtime about 95 Minutes (German theatrical version)
Languages: German, Spanish
Subtitels: English

Extras:
Reconstruction -as far as possible- of Spanish “long Version” runtime about 98 Minutes
Languages: German, Spanish
Subtitels: English
German Theatrical Trailer
Picture gallery
16 page Booklet (German)
Retro Trailershow: (German theatrical trailers): A rope for the bastard, If you want to live…shoot, Jesse james`kid

2 Likes

Picked it up yesterday, on the last day before the new lockdown in Vienna for the next two weeks. After Oeste Nevada Joe another fine release from Mr. Banker Films. Two cover-art versions: A, B.

Watched the English dubbed version and enjoyed it a lot more than the first time. It’s still not what I would call a good film and the music is awful but it was definitely quite fun to watch.

I didn’t realise it had an English dub. Where can this be found? Thanks.

Shame this release did not have English audio. I viewed the English dub via a Youtube print, whether it is still available I do not know.

Thanks for pointing me to the English dubbed version on YouTube.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IN6cKLUss24

YouTube, surprisingly, has a lot of Spaghetti Westerns in really good quality. I’ve seen a few on there for free that look better than the ones that come with an Amazon subscription.

1 Like

Agreed YouTube Does Have a Good Selection of SW Movies in Decent to Good Quality (Dubbed in English)
They Even Have Many in Original Italian Language (Unfortunately Most of Those are without Subtitles)

1 Like

I’m glad they do since it gives me the chance to watch a lot of lesser known ones without having to pay an arm and a leg for a DVD. YouTube is super strict with copyright, as well, so I imagine it’s all above board.

1 Like

Yep, no need to spend Dollars viewing them.

1 Like

This film’s page in the database has been updated to the new layout. Contributions welcome.