Help to Correct Translation from Italian to English

Not just for me but for anyone. If Google Translate can’t do the job, then ask in this topic (and maybe someone will now the correct translation)

Can you translate this for me?

1. Espanto En El Corazon
  2. Dolores Cerca Cuchillo
  3. Liberazione Di Cuchillo
  4. Mexico Libre
  5. Inseguimento Nella Neve
  6. Ricerca Dell’Oro
  7. Nella Chiesa
  8. Più Delle Valchirie
  9. Una Insolita Attesa

[quote=“Lee Van Cleef, post:1, topic:3015”]Not just for me but for anyone. If Google Translate can’t do the job, then ask in this topic (and maybe someone will now the correct translation)

Can you translate this for me?

1. Espanto En El Corazon
  2. Dolores Cerca Cuchillo
  3. Liberazione Di Cuchillo
  4. Mexico Libre
  5. Inseguimento Nella Neve
  6. Ricerca Dell’Oro
  7. Nella Chiesa
  8. Più Delle Valchirie
  9. Una Insolita Attesa[/quote]

Oh come on, I know only a few Italian words, but even so I can translate some of them, and with a quick look in an online dictionary it is pretty easy to translate them all within a few minutes.

Mexico Libre shouldn’t be a problem even with no Italian at all.

01 & 18 = Spanish, not Italian :wink:

Espanto En El Corazon Terror In The Heart
Dolores Cerca Cuchillo Dolores Looks For Cuchillo
Liberazione Di Cuchillo Release/Liberation of Cuchillo
Mexico Libre Free Mexico
Inseguimento Nella Neve Pursuit in the Snow
Ricerca Dell’Oro Quest for Gold
Nella Chiesa Into the Church
Più Delle Valchirie More Than Valkyries
Una Insolita Attesa An Unusual Wait

Ohh yes …

… which doesn’t make a difference in that case …

But the specification was directed to the author of the post: in the case of ‘Mexico libre’ obviously you are right, there isn’t a big difference and most of all the expression is universally known, but in the other case yes, since I didn’t know the meaning of the word ‘Espanto’.

Yes, but either Italian or Spanish it is easy to translate a few titles. And if you translate it yourself you get used a bit to the language and you learn a few essential words.

I wouldn’t translate an essay though.

Even the legendary Google translator helps for some:

1.Expanded En El Corazon
14. Dolores Search Cuchillo
15. Liberation Of Cuchillo
18. Libre Mexico
21. Chase In The Snow
23. Search Dell’Oro
24. in Church

1. More Of the Valkyries
  2. An Unusual Waiting

Expanded not the right word for the first title, they dind’t want’ to expand th poor girl heart’s, more like fright in her heart, or astonishment, but by no means expand.

That was the Italian translator. Don’t blame him for a Spanish title. The Spanish one might work slightly better foe Spanish titles: Horror In The Heart

But it is of course better to use a dictionary, either online or book or some app

[quote=“JonathanCorbett, post:3, topic:3015”]01 & 18 = Spanish, not Italian :wink:

Mexico Libre Free Mexico
Una Insolita Attesa An Unusual Wait[/quote]

I guess the meaning is rather 'More (of the) Valkyries’
I don’t know from which movie it’s a chapter title; Valkyries are female figures from Norse mytholgy (we know them best from Wagner’s Ride of the Valkyries). There can be more valkyries, we can hear more of the Valkyries (in that case the title means something like ‘more news from the Valkyries’), but being ‘more than a Valkyrie’? That doesn’t make sense, I’d say.

I guess its ok to use words like terror or horror for Spanish word Espanto, but the correct meaning would be astonishment or fright, in Portuguese would be someting like Assombro, espanto got a slight different meaning in Portuguese, its more like something out of the ordinary, like It’s amazing or a wonder.

In which case Google translator (otherwise always good for a laugh) beats the native speaker …

Have you any idea from which film these chapter titles are taken?
Some titles only become clear after you’ve seen the movie, or at least the part of it the title refers to.

The title of the Belgian movie I saw last night, is a good example: Groenten uit Balen, which means: Vegetables from Balen.
The film was not about vegetables, or farmers, but about a strike. In this case there was a labourer who constantly wrote letters to the king of belgium, asking him for help (his wife threw the letters away instead of posting them), but he wasn’t good at spelling: What he wanted to write was: Greetings from Balen. In Dutch Vegetables is groenten, greetings is groeten. The line ‘Groenten uit Balen’ was only shown in the very last scene of the movie, when the guy was writing his last letter to the King (saying thanks to the man for his support).

[quote=“scherpschutter, post:12, topic:3015”]Have you any idea from which film these chapter titles are taken?
Some titles only become clear after you’ve seen the movie, or at least the part of it the title refers to.[/quote]

Bad day today?

Obviously (or not?) from Run Man Run

edit: Ohh stop, the last 2 probably not …

Then I say My Name Is Nobody

edit 2:

Yes indeed, Nobody, our truly Valkyrie ridden SW

[quote=“Stanton, post:13, topic:3015”]Bad day today?

Obviously (or not?) from Run Man Run

edit: Ohh stop, the last 2 probably not …

Then I say My Name Is Nobody

edit 2:

Yes indeed, Nobody, out truly Valkyrie ridden SW[/quote]

The Valkyrie music is indeed omni-present in Nobody
In that case I would say the correct translation is More of the Valkyries (it refers more to the music and it’s relation to the bunch riding towards the camera)

In the end Wagner’s life and work was not completely useless

More Valkyries = Più Valchirie

For Più delle Valchirie the correct translation is ‘More (numerous) than Valkyries’.

The track accompanies one of the appearances of the Wild Bunch.

[quote=“JonathanCorbett, post:3, topic:3015”]01 & 18 = Spanish, not Italian :wink:

Mexico Libre Free Mexico
Una Insolita Attesa An Unusual Wait[/quote]

Thanks to all of you! :smiley:

[quote=“Stanton, post:2, topic:3015”]Oh come on, I know only a few Italian words, but even so I can translate some of them, and with a quick look in an online dictionary it is pretty easy to translate them all within a few minutes.

Mexico Libre shouldn’t be a problem even with no Italian at all.[/quote]

Yeah I know… but for some of them I wasn’t 100% sure, so I asked in here :slight_smile: - and for the translation of Mexico Libre I will admit that I knew it, but just wasn’t sure.