Have You Seen Any Spaghettis in a Real Cinema?

(Silvanito) #1

I’m sure there are film clubs all over Europe that show at least Leone’s westerns, have you managed too see any?

I have seen The Good the Bad And the Ugly twice in a real cinema, and it was a fun experience.

But often though I find watching films at home in your own livingroom more comfortable, only wish I had a bigger tv or a projector ;D

(Sundance) #2

I have only seen The Good, The Bad And the Ugly… once… the extended version.

Which is really sad because there would have been an opportunity to see much more, but I couldn’t make it. :frowning:

What I’m talking about is The Finnish Film Archive’s spaghetti western themes in spring 2001 and 2003. Hopefully they’ll have similar themes sometime in the future.

In 2001 they showed:

Brothers Blue
A Minute to Pray, a Second to Die (the longer original version with grim ending)
Django
Django Kill x2
Fistful of Dollars x2
For a Few dollars More x2
For the Taste of Killing
Good, the Bad, and the Ugly x2
Have a Good Funeral, My Friend… Sartana Will Pay
Hellbenders
Long Days of Vengeance
Minnesota Clay
Once Upon a Time in the West x2
Price of Power
Return of Ringo

And in 2003:

Belle Starr Story
Big Gundown
Companeros
Duck You Sucker x2
Fistful of Dollars x2
Five Man Army
For a Few Dollars More x2
A Genius, Two Partners and a Dupe
Good, the Bad, and the Ugly x2
Great Silence x2 (print restored by some museum in Munchen)
Kill and Pray
My Name Is Nobody
Once Upon a Time in the West x2
Roy Colt & Winchester Jack (apparently this was a rare english language print)
Sonny & Jed

(me) #3

No but I would love to. And nothing beats staying home watching Once upon a time In the west, while eating whatever you like.

(Silvanito) #4

Thats not bad Sundance!

And this was in Helsinki I presume? Did they also have any special guests?

Too bad you weren’t able to attend yourself.

(alk0) #5

I really wish I would have an opportunity to see some spaghetti western in cinema, but I’m afraid I have no chances for something like that:(

(Bill san Antonio) #6

I too have seen only the good, the bad and the ugly (extended version) in theater. If I had lived in Helsinki I would had definitely go to see all those shown.

Another thing that makes me mad is that I didn’t go to Sodankyla film festival in 2001 when Sergio Sollima was guest there. I had not yet seen The Big Gundown at the time and it would have been great to see it on the big screen for the first time.

(Cian) #7

There was a Leone season on in the Irish Film Centre a few years back. As far as I remember they showed FOD, GBU, OUATITW and OUATIA. Just my luck, I was out of the country for the whole thing! I wonder how long I’ll have to wait for something similar to come along?

(Yodlaf Peterson) #8

a few years back i saw a KEOMA and JONATHAN OF THE BEARS double bill at Brixton Ritzy cinema in London.
there were question and answer sessions with Enzo g. Castellari and Franco Nero and got some stuff autographed by them.
Fraco Nero is even cooler in real life than on the screen!

(Cian) #9

[quote=“Yodlaf Peterson, post:8, topic:417”]a few years back i saw a KEOMA and JONATHAN OF THE BEARS double bill at Brixton Ritzy cinema in London.
there were question and answer sessions with Enzo g. Castellari and Franco Nero and got some stuff autographed by them.
Fraco Nero is even cooler in real life than on the screen![/quote]

I am extremely jealous! You lucky bast**d!!!

(alk0) #10

same here;]

(ENNIOO) #11

Went to see ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST in the early nineties at a cinema.

It was not as good as it should have been , as it was the original U.K cinema release version, which of course was considerably cut.
I did not know this beforehand.

Also saw DJANGO which was really great, as the audience were really into the film, and it was the first time many had seen the film!

My best Western I saw at the Cinema (although not a spaghetti), was the Directors cut of THE WILD BUNCH.

This has to rank among the top ten films I have seen at the cinema full stop.
A truly awsome and great film.

(ERIVAN VILLA) #12

Jeez louise, not, i’m dont, it would be nice watch a spaghetti at the cinema. (i think couse i’m young for that kind of movies… 18 years old). Nice for you my friends.

Adios!

(Stanton) #13

I have seen OuTW about 10 times in cinema, last time 3 years ago open air. It was so beautiful, I got a shiver down the spine during the 1st scene.

Also Django and The Great Silence in the 80s.

My Name Is Nobody.

Clucher’s 2 Trinita films, which were very popular in Germany.

And Keoma, but I didn’t liked it then. Thought it was average.

I always hoped to see GBU sometimes on the great screen.
And The Mercenary.

(ENNIOO) #14

[quote=“stanton, post:13, topic:417”]I have seen OuTW about 10 times in cinema, last time 3 years ago open air. It was so beautiful, I got a shiver down the spine during the 1st scene.

Also Django and The Great Silence in the 80s.

My Name Is Nobody.

Clucher’s 2 Trinita films, which were very popular in Germany.

And Keoma, but I didn’t liked it then. Thought it was average.

I always hoped to see GBU sometimes on the great screen.
And The Mercenary.[/quote]

10 times is very impressive!

(Yodlaf Peterson) #15

i would love to see OUATITW in the cinema, it is my favourite film.

(alk0) #16

yeah, the day i would see it on big screen would be one of the best in my life :slight_smile:

(Yodlaf Peterson) #17

i know it’s crime but i saw “Violent Naples” on the big screen at a festival, i was happy for days! :slight_smile:

(ENNIOO) #18

So when and where did you see that, as sounds good.

(Yodlaf Peterson) #19

[quote=“ENNIOO, post:18, topic:417”]So when and where did you see that, as sounds good.[/quote]I saw it at a film festival in Welwyn garden city, Gunnar Hansen and David Hess was there, Hess was singing songs and playing a guitar, i thought it was terrible!

(ENNIOO) #20

Interesting stuff.

Hess, well what can I say!