Guns, Gunslingin', and Hardware

Very true. He’s just a sneaky rat who out wits his opponents, not a superhuman juggernaught like Blondie. That is the reason why I think the stranger movies are very clever and original, and not the dollars trilogy ripoffs that they are percieved to be by many.

I agree…he ain’t noble, that’s for sure. The shotgun through the floorboards makes me laugh every time. :smiley:

Although not a SW, I really like Johnny Ringo’s pistol twirling in Tombstone. Smooth, flashy and then he holsters and strokes his mustache in one fluid move. Cool.

The stuntman actors are always great with the gun. I think they had nothing else to do the whole day through.

Guiliano Gemma in Pistol For Ringo comes to mind. ‘God created men equal, but the six gun, made them different’

[quote=“Pacificador, post:22, topic:1719”]I agree…he ain’t noble, that’s for sure. The shotgun through the floorboards makes me laugh every time. :smiley:

Although not a SW, I really like Johnny Ringo’s pistol twirling in Tombstone. Smooth, flashy and then he holsters and strokes his mustache in one fluid move. Cool.[/quote]

Even better was Val Kilmer twirling his key chain in response LOL

Yeah I noticed alot of the henchmen in the background can twirl pretty good.

He actually twirled his whiskey cup.

I always wondered how good Tomas Milian was but not yet have I seen such a feet as him showing any prowess with a firearm except the end of Sonny and Jed where he fans it pretty fast.

Have you seen Mimmo Palmara in this documentary? The old man still can twirl…

He does also always the same black hat.

but he actually had some weird looking brown hat in his earlier films. The rest he did with the black hat. Close enough

A small poser: I’d always believed that Clint Eastwood’s pistol in A Fistful of Dollars was the same one he’d used in an episode of Rawhide (indeed, I’ve seen the episode and there’s the rig, complete with snake-handled revolvers).

However, Marco Giusti states in his Dizionario that the gun (he doesn’t mention the belt) is the same one as that used by Ty Hardin in The Man of Cursed Valley. I haven’t seen this - can anyone comment?

I suppose there’s no reason why Clint couldn’t have shared the gun with Hardin - they were compatriots, both films were made at around the same time in the same locations…

One of the craziest and most entertaining weapons in the history of Spaghetti Westerns is the pipe-organ owned by Sartana in the film Light the fuse, Sartana is coming!

Beneath the outer wood panels are steel plates giving Sartana cover (-4) while he manipulates the buttons, keys, and pedals of the death machine.

The outermost tall pipes, far left and far right, swivel forward to reveal they are actually multiple shot mini-cannons. Each cannon holds five rounds, which are automatically fed into the firing mechanism after the previous shot. The cannons can each be fired twice per round. The cannons can also be dropped sideways, at a 90 degree angle, to blast those who would come up on the side of the organ player.
Two cannons 5d6, 10’, 2 shots each per round

The four center pipes drop down to reveal they are machinegun barrels, linked and firing on the same front firing arc. The guns are not precision weapons, and anything and anyone, friend or foe, in the firing arc must make a Save for half damage. Each gun holds enough ammo for 6 rounds of continuous fire.
Four machineguns, cone-shaped area effect (5’ at beginning, 30’ wide, 100’ long), Dmg: 6d6, Save for half damage.

Sartana’s 5-shot Derringer
:smiley: ;D
The weapon most identified with the mysterious gunfighter Sartana is his four-barreled derringer. But it has a secret, it is actually a small 5-shot revolver with the cylinder hidden inside the gun. Three of the four barrels are fakes. Anyone who thinks the shooter has fired all four of his shots is in for a big surprise when the fifth shot is fired.

Sabata’s Derringer 8)
The custom derringer has four barrels in a circular formation, chambered in a .45 caliber, and a very large handle. This is because three smaller barrels are hidden in the handle. The end flips down and the three barrels are exposed, set in a vertical line. These barrels fire a smaller navy round. This tactic is often used to gain surprise when opponents think the shooter has fired all four of his shots. A dirty little trick, perhaps worthy of a surprise check.
Four barrels, Dmg: 2d6+1, Range: 20’, Ammo: 4
Three hidden barrels, Dmg: 2d6-1, Range: 5’, Ammo: 3

Sartana’s Weighted Watch

A dull gray and very large pocket watch on a long chain. It is actually made of lead and is useable as a flail and can wrap around objects with the chain, allowing the user to grapple the object or pull it towards the watch-wielder.
Dmg: 1d4, Range: 10’

Sartana’s Razor Throwing Cards

Razor sharp, card sized and shaped bits of metal which can be thrown as a weapon. They are painted to look like playing cards and will only be seen for what they are by a close inspection. They come in packs of five.
Dmg: 1d3, Range: 10’

Realize I am responding to a post over a year old, but I wanted to take issue with your representation of Blondie as a superhuman juggernaut. One of the things I like about the Dollars trilogy is that in every single one of them, the hero get the shit kicked out of him. In Fistful (after the beating in the storage building) and GBU (after the blistering walk across the desert), his recuperation takes place mostly off screen, and we’re not sure of how much time has passed before he’s healthy enough to exact revenge/justice. In Few Dollars More, the injuries are not as severe, but he and your namesake suffer a considerable beating at the hands of Indio’s men.

This is also, by the way, one thing I like about the Stranger films. I don’t see them as a complete retread of the Dollar trilogy, but featuring the same sort of beaten-down-but-still-up-to-the-challenge trickster hero.

Over the film "Ben and Charlie, " I saw with surprise the George Eastman rubbed his holster with oil. In order to draw faster, I never saw in a Western …

Agreed!

And I also like the fact that the Stranger films are filled with incompetent and unlikeable characters for the most part, and the star, Tony Anthony, has a great love of the genre even to this day.

[quote=“Cat Stevens, post:35, topic:1719”]Realize I am responding to a post over a year old, but I wanted to take issue with your representation of Blondie as a superhuman juggernaut. One of the things I like about the Dollars trilogy is that in every single one of them, the hero get the shit kicked out of him. In Fistful (after the beating in the storage building) and GBU (after the blistering walk across the desert), his recuperation takes place mostly off screen, and we’re not sure of how much time has passed before he’s healthy enough to exact revenge/justice. In Few Dollars More, the injuries are not as severe, but he and your namesake suffer a considerable beating at the hands of Indio’s men.

This is also, by the way, one thing I like about the Stranger films. I don’t see them as a complete retread of the Dollar trilogy, but featuring the same sort of beaten-down-but-still-up-to-the-challenge trickster hero.[/quote]

You make a really good point that I had overlooked. Blondie/Manco/Joe is indeed as vulnerable as he is strong. But he wins in the end because he can shoot faster and more accurate than anybody else, as well as being smarter. Stranger on the other hand isn’t necessarily the fastest draw or the most skilled guy, or the best street fighter, he just outsmarts everybody.

I both agree and disagree, respectfully. In fact, I would have agreed completely until just now. TMWNN is a near invincible fighter but I do not think he is proven to be the fastest in any of the films, like Sanjuro and the Op. He is better than the grunts but defeats the villains mostly by trickery. In the first one he wins mostly by wearing ‘‘armour’’ (much like Sanjuro wins with a hidden weapon), and then he defeats Ramone because Ramone foolishly decides to bring a rifle to a pistol fight, as it were. In ‘For a few Dollars More’, he just defeats the defeated villains, and Mortimer takes out the ‘‘big bad’’.

In ‘The Good, The Bad and The Ugly’, he defeats Angeleyes with skill, but Tuco seems to ‘‘fire first’’, after Angeleyes draws first. The main catch is that he unloaded Tuco’s gun. In fact Tuco does more of the impressive feats in the film.

So I think that TMWNN wins more with his brain rather than power, though he defeats most of the minor villains with skills alone. The Stranger defeats villains in the same way, but the other characters are all more bumbling than in the dollars trilogy; ‘The Silent Stranger’ is a case in point, with all the ineffectual Ginjis and Kinzos. In fact the Stranger is not exactly a brainbox either, he is just more crafty and smarter than the incompetent enemies he is against.

My few dollars worth… 8)

And Stranger is a kinda son-of-a-bitch who doesn’t play with the usual “western rules” but is willing to shoot people from the back and using all kinds of dirty tricks.