Gladiator vs Spartacus

Both very good films, and difficult to choose but for me Gladiator just edges it through sheer spectacle, both have good stories and acting. Spartacus has the better ending though.what do you guys think?

If you mean Ridley Scott’s Gladiator, then i have to admit i dislike it strongly. It’s simply silly and not in a very enjoyable way. Spartacus is a great one

[quote=“alk0, post:2, topic:1869”]If you mean Ridley Scott’s Gladiator, then i have to admit i dislike it strongly. It’s simply silly and not in a very enjoyable way. Spartacus is a great one[/quote]yes i do mean ridley scott’s film. yes, spartacus is a great film but in my opinon so is Gladiator, anyway each to their own.

I…AM…not Gladiator. Spartacus for me. Although I’m sure Bad Lieutenant enjoyed the Gladiator’s adult movie counterpart, Glad-he-ate-her.

Both great films, but Gladiator for me

Ever since childhood I always wanted to be in the Arena to watch a gladiator fight, and I guess this is as close as I’ll ever get. Actually I wanted to visit the games in the Colosseum, but after reading a few books about what happened exactly on those days (and following a course in Rome on the subject), I think it wouldn’t have been such a good idea for a peaceloving vegetarian like me.

Serious: Gladiator has its flaws, and the story is no more than an adaptation of Anthony Mann’s The Fall of the Roman Empire, but the film works for me. I’ve seen it more often than any other recent film and I still feel the thrill when I put the disc in the player. Ta ta ta, Gladiator. They say No. Archers ignite. Roma Victor!

Spartacus for me. Gladiator never quite floated my boat I’m afraid.
But if I could choose any such film I would go for Demetrius and the Gladiators. A childhood favourite. Although I think Susan Haywood was the main reason for this.

[quote=“Phil H, post:6, topic:1869”]Spartacus for me. Gladiator never quite floated my boat I’m afraid.
But if I could choose any such film I would go for Demetrius and the Gladiators. A childhood favourite. Although I think Susan Haywood was the main reason for this.[/quote]

Put her on my to watch list

GLADIATOR for me. I appreaciate both movies but if I have to choose I would take Gladiator. I’m not quite a fan of the typical roman intriuges in Spartacus but somehow interesting was that Tony Curtis Scene with Laurence Olivier. :slight_smile: