Giulliano Carnimeo

Apparently, Carmino is the director with the most SPW’s to his name, (13). I think that deserves a recognition. He is also a great director of action scenes. What do you guys think of him?

It’s funny Korano. You posted this in August and nobody before me responded. I guess that may be an indicator of the type of spaghetti director he was: hard to get excited about, but does not elicit strong reactions either way. He was a competent director who was prolific but uninspired.
I certainly enjoy his films (well, most) but he will never crack my top 20 with any of his films.

korano the least you can do is to spell his name right hahaha.

Actually I love this guy. He’s my second favorite director other from Leone. I like him even better than Corbucci and Solima (I must be crazy right?). I think one third of my top 30 are Anthony Ascott films. I just love the lightheartedness and fun of his films, and comic book like characters.

And I do think he was very inspired, and more than competent. His films were never pretentious or political. There was no underlying meaning or message or sociological allegory. It was just plain fun. And he was quite careful as a director as well, his movies did not suffer from as many plot holes, goofs, gaps in logic, or overall stupidity that plague the typical “B western”.

[quote=“Col. Douglas Mortimer, post:3, topic:1212”]korano the least you can do is to spell his name right hahaha.

Actually I love this guy. He’s my second favorite director other from Leone. I like him even better than Corbucci and Solima. I think one third of my top 30 are Anthony Ascott films. I just love the lightheartedness and fun of his films, and comic book like characters.[/quote]

Which are your favorites, Col?

I’m glad to hear somebody sticking up for him.

I really like Holy Ghost (but I know that’s not most people’s fav Carmineo).

That’s right, you did the great article on the Sartana films, right?

Well, Back then, I actually thought the name was carmino. I never looked carefully at the spelling. But,agin, before you guys go thinking I’m an idiot who can’t spell, I have to cite my shitty typing abilties and fast huntingand pecking.

Not to metion the fact that sometimes, when I go back to correct a spelling error, a glich in my keyboard errases the word with a new word. I misspelled again above because when I went back to correct it, the g I added in errased the a.

topic: I really like carnimeo’s style with comedy and action fully balanced.

Yep I wrote the big sartana article RF. I found Holy ghost pretty good but not great by any means. I think it was Ascott’s attempt to merge Sartana with Trinity, and add some Zapata to it as well.

Outside of the Sartana films, I really like They call him Cemetery. Hallelujah was ok too, if a little silly. Moment to kill was somewhat uninspired, but still fun to watch. I haven’t seen the Tresette films yet but I heard they weren’t good at all. Korano, I really also like his mixture of comedy and action, but I find that sometimes he tended to “overdo” the comedy. Cemetery was a classic because it was just the right mix. Not too silly but not too serious either.

Cemetery is one of my favourite “Ascotts” as well. Garko is great in that, AND there’s Berger in it. They’re a cool couple in this one. The comedy level of cemetery is ok as well.

I think Giuliano Carnimeo it`s in the top five of SW Directors, his films are very well done, great photography and they are all watchable.
My favorite it´s probebly his first western with George Hilton A Moment To Kill.

Tom

i had those of his

1. moment to kill
  2. call him cemetery
  3. light the fuse sartana is coming
  4. the call him hallelujah
  5. sartana the gravediger!
  6. fistful of lead

i have not seen yet rytern of hallelujah

he also made some crap westerns: tricky diki, crazy bunch,
anyway on of my top directors!

[quote=“tomobea, post:8, topic:1212”]I think Giuliano Carnimeo it`s in the top five of SW Directors, his films are very well done, great photography and they are all watchable.
My favorite it´s probebly his first western with George Hilton A Moment To Kill.

Tom[/quote]
moment to kill it’s really AWESOME!!!
very few have those kind of atmosphere like this

My preferences

1. Light the Fuse… Sartana Is Coming
  2. The Moment to Kill
  3. Have a Good Funeral, My Friend… Sartana Will Pay
  4. Sartana’s Here… Trade Your Pistol for a Coffin a.k.a. A Fistful of Lead

[hr]

1. His Name Was Holy Ghost
  2. I Am Sartana Your Angel of Death
  3. They Call Him Cemetery