Get Mean (Ferdinando Baldi, 1975)

Maybe it’s not a SW, but it’s very entertaining and that’s enough for me.

Jody Klein has just made a deal with the films owner (Ron Schneider).
Apparently Jody wants to put together a box set of most of Tony’s stuff.

[quote=“YourPallbearer, post:22, topic:695”]Jody Klein has just made a deal with the films owner (Ron Schneider).
Apparently Jody wants to put together a box set of most of Tony’s stuff.[/quote]

Sounds excellent!

This is good news indeed. :slight_smile:

Heehee… Where STRANGER IN JAPAN left the beaten path to tell it’s story, GET MEAN goes off the fuckin’ rails. Quite entertaining in an utter non-sensical way.
Fun Factor - 6/10

[quote=“Spaghetti Monkey, post:25, topic:695”]Heehee… Where STRANGER IN JAPAN left the beaten path to tell it’s story, GET MEAN goes off the fuckin’ rails. Quite entertaining in an utter non-sensical way.
Fun Factor - 6/10[/quote]
If you think that’s bizarre - try and track this one down…

[quote=“Reverend Danite, post:26, topic:695”]If you think that’s bizarre - try and track this one down…
[/quote]
Wow… Ultra rare Spaghetti Western… Where did you get it Rev? ::slight_smile: ;D

I vow not to rest until i’ve tracked this one down. He managed to say with a straight face

The winner of the next Chris Casey Caption competition gets a copy as a grand prize!
(Courtesy of rev)

Home movie footage of behind the scenes on the set of Get Mean:

Database comment (a bit unfavourable):

This was somehow supposed to be the 4th entry in Tony Anthony’s Stranger series, and should become the starting point for several films which put the Stranger character in different settings and genres. Unfortunately Get Mean is as idiotic and silly as the story sounds and the Blindman team swapped narrative sovereignty with helplessness.

I love the first Stranger movie. The second, I am find it also very good. The third is very entertaining and fun.

And this ? Strange is an understatement. The film is totally confused and bizarre. The story had been well thought out Anthony in drunken state. :wink: For it makes no sense. Some of the scenes ending quite abrupt. And historical knowledge had probably none of those responsible.

Music is also very weak.
OK, some parts are entertaining, but my kind of movie it is not.
Above all, it is not a SW. More like a trashy adventure film. :wink:

realy crazy movie! barbarians and cowboys? wow! ;D

i saw this what i can i say about it? is no western at all has some very strange moments
very litle action, goofy characters, it’s much better than silent stranger but i can’t say that’s it’s
a good movie, how ferninando baldi give so much money for this is beyond me, not worth it
full of stupid things all over the movie! only for those who want to see all the spaghettis
like me… :frowning: 2 points from me for the costumes, the one fight with the barbarians
and the explosions

They could have Tony on an alien planet fighting giant spiders and it would still be a spaghetti western to me as long as he’s got the hat, blanket, 4-barreled shotgun and his trusty steed “Pussy”.

Would have been interesting :smiley: .

Not sure of anyone else here has bothered getting it, but I got tired of waiting for Koch’s release and ordered the DVDr copy straight from Ron Schneider. Not only did Ron Schneider turn out to be just about the nicest guy there is; originally the DVDr was not intended for being shipped to where I live, but he arranged for that. Then because of the time it took to arrange that he arranged for it to be shipped to where I was spending my holiday instead so that I could get it sooner (my holiday is spent in a different country than the one I normally recede in). In addition to all of that the DVDr looks really good, compared to the other prints available of the movie it looks like a blu-ray. In reality it looks more like a lesser Wild East release, I guess this would be a fair comparison to use; Fifteen Scaffolds for the Killer DVD screenshots | Spaghetti Western DVD Database Maybe a little better. Just thought I’d give it a mention in case anyone was considering buying it; I’d say its worth it unless Koch drops some news on their Anthony releases.

Just bought a copy of this released by Underground Empire and oh my god…what a ridiculous movie. Loved it. So stupid and funny and explosive. I loved the anachronisms, makes me think Alex Cox may have watched this one. Just an awesome over-the-top turn your brain off and watch kind of movie. 4 stars.

Where would be a good place to pick up this? I saw a print on Cult Action Cinema, I assume it’s the same one floating around elsewhere?

We are screening the restored version in Los Angeles on Monday June 8
http://www.cinefamily.org/films/special-events-june-2015/#get-mean-brand-new-restoration-co-stars-tony-anthony-lloyd-battista-in-person

The unofficial fourth installment in Tony Anthony’s “Stranger” spaghetti western series, Get Mean (1975) is one of the more bizarre and inventive examples of this pliable, ambidextrous genre in its waning days. Anthony and Italian director Ferdinando Baldi (the influential Django, Prepare a Coffin with Terence Hill) had previously collaborated on the pasta-delic Blindman (1971). Borderline psychedelic, not to mention historically fakakta, Get Mean’s plot (Anthony’s wise-ass gunslinger is hired by gypsies in late 19th century Wisconsin to return a deposed Spanish princess to her desert kingdom) is a mere pretext to unleash a barrage of highly entertaining explosions, high-camp gay villains, laughing skeletons, gypsy soothsayers with supernatural mirror-balls, Barbarian hordes vs. Moorish hordes, gang-rape by angry harridans, and a hero who turns black and is almost roasted like a pig. —Howard Berger - See more at: http://www.cinefamily.org/films/special-events-june-2015/#get-mean-brand-new-restoration-co-stars-tony-anthony-lloyd-battista-in-person