Gentleman Killer / Gentleman Jo … uccidi (Giorgio Stegani, 1967)

One more with Steffen and Fajardo. Its average stuff but I kind of like it.
I think that Fajardo role deserved more emphasis. Very good actor.

I love Steffen but I thought this movie stunk LOL

Shocking Colonel! Can you tell me why?

I thought it was an enjoybable one, but, like many already said, the ending was not so exciting. 3/5

Boring. And the usually brilliant Bruno Nicolai was not quite up to his usual standard with the music. Steffen still looked pretty cool though. I guess I was expecting this to be similar to Sartana or Sabata, with the dandy dressed killer hero.

I think Steffen has made alot of films that are better than this.

I think the action scenes were very competant but the interplay between these scenes is very formulaic with Steffen trying to keep his identity a secret from the gang. And ofcourse he is captured. But the driniking part was a little different and was quite possibly lifted from Cornel Wilde’s torture at the hands of LVC and Richard Conte in The Big Combo.

Yeah! I wouldn’t mind to submit with such torture. Perhaps with a nice cool beer instead!

[quote=“Col. Douglas Mortimer, post:25, topic:864”]Boring. And the usually brilliant Bruno Nicolai was not quite up to his usual standard with the music. Steffen still looked pretty cool though. I guess I was expecting this to be similar to Sartana or Sabata, with the dandy dressed killer hero.

I think Steffen has made alot of films that are better than this.[/quote]

I didn’t expect anything like that… and names don’t matter much anyway. In Germany one title is (as far as I remember) "Django - die Totenliste im Gepäck (the death list in the luggage).

HAHA thats a clever one!

And it completely doesn’t match the plot at all!

Found this to be a enjoyable spaghetti… a bit strange to see Steffen clean shaven and not performing any drop-roll-dive-and-shoots. Nothing spectacular but enjoyable

Purchased the Wild East disc and was reminded why my opinion of them is not the best… poor quality transfer/print, and a annoying high pitched squeal that remained throughout most of the movie gave me a headache, unattractive menus and recycled extras… Then again, this was among their first releases and hopefully the Kill the Wickeds double feat and A Long Ride From Hell DVDs I ordered will give me a new view on WE

Would like to see what the French disc looks like for Gentleman Killer

I think it was kind of funny with the dead guy holding his arm straight up ;D. I never finished this film.

Yeah I had to turn the sound right down, couldn’t stand it. I watched this again, and liked it alot this time. Steffen and Fajardo redeem themselves after Ringo; Face of Revenge imo.

How many films did those 2 make together? It is definitely the bulk of Steffen’s Western filmography.

Yeah 8 Spaghetti Westerns together.

i watched this last night, and i enjoyed it. to me Anthony Steffen looked so different in this one, well dressed and without the stubble. I, also agree with Dillinger in that the ending is different, in that it’s a different variation on an old western cliche.I found the drunk action scenes very funny, having four or five full bottles of whiskey poured down his throat, our friend joe still manages to shoot, fight and even walk without throwing up, or even passing out, and great dizzy camera work, brought back some old memories. enjoyable film but not a great of course. 7/10

Thank you, man with a name!

For me the best movie of Stegani. OK, he had made only three films, but the other two are rather weak.

Good music by Nikolai. Reminds me in some passages at the music of Apocalypse Joe.

Fajardo as a Mexican colonel. Getting used to, but with a good performance.
Steffen as always. Overall, the figure of Gentleman Joe’s missing the dirty, self-interest. The figure reminds a little of the heroes of the American Western. But this is a problem of Stegani in all his movies.

Nothing extraordinary, but to look good. Rating from 5 or 6 / 10.

IMO Beyond the Law is a quite good one as well.

http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Gentleman_Killer_Review

Wrote a review for this one. Sorry, no quick witted remarks.