Gatling Gun / Quel caldo maledetto giorno di fuoco (Paolo Bianchini, 1968)

This still applies but iā€™ve recently bought the newish Dorado disc, it will give me an excuse to revisit the film.

Although Tarantino has this in his top twenty, i do not think it is deserving of the position. It is a good spaghetti western but definitely overrated.

I agree here, Tarantinoā€™s word ainā€™t gospel.

I finally decided to order that edition. I have found a bargain at Amazon:
Spaghetti Western Two-Fer: Gatling Gun (1968) / Django Shoots First (1966) >>> About 14 Euros

unwatchble film >:(
1 out of 5

seriously?

To be able to tell that a movie is unwatchable, you must - at least - have tried to watch it
If you gave up too soon, you can only tell that part of it was unwatchable
If you watched until the end - even against your will - it must have been watchable

Interesting. A little philosophy hereā€¦ For me Gatling Gun was watchable until I fell asleep on it :wink:

You must have in mind that Sartana68 is the member with the most extreme taste here in the forum at the moment. I think many will take meanwhile his negative ratings as recommendations.

But heā€™s a nice guy, and I have no problems with his taste.

Count me as one of those. When Sartana1968 starts praising a film I like I immediately start questioning my own taste. ;D

But thatā€™s OK. Life would be boring if we all agreed on everything.

I really donā€™t think Gatling Gun is the cream of the crop, but it is quite an enjoyable flick, better than most of the bunch

i buy this flick from ebay, i see 80 minutes of the film then i stoped watch it
itā€™s sooo boring and has nothing inside it no gunplay and very boring dialogs
i like a lot robert woods in black jack but not in this film sorry :frowning:
did i say 1 out of 5 no! 0 out of 5
the only good thing i noticed some familiar faces from SW nothing else

I like this movie (mostly just for the hand cutting scene lol just kidding). The Dorado DVD is great and I like the directing. I wouldnā€™t put it in my top 20 though. Gave this a 4.

[quote=ā€œStanton, post:49, topic:1226ā€]You must have in mind that Sartana68 is the member with the most extreme taste here in the forum at the moment. I think many will take meanwhile his negative ratings as recommendations.

But heā€™s a nice guy, and I have no problems with his taste.[/quote]
you must came all of you some day to greece to meet meā€¦ ;D ;D
and take a big bag i had many dvdā€™s which i donā€™t like to give you
maybe 50

Thatā€™s a word ā€¦

bird? ;D

Rewatched the film on Doradoā€™s dvd. Didnā€™t like it much on the first time and the second time didnā€™t really change my opinion. I like the actions scenes in the end, especially the scene where Woods attacks the house with shotgun. Reminded me of some of the best action scenes by Corbucci. But it takes 80 minutes until we get there and I didnā€™t find the plot that interesting so I had kind of lost the interest aready. And the musicā€¦ probably worst Iā€™ve heard in sw.

Still, the ending is quite rewarding and I think that Gatling Gun is a film worth watching. My rating would be something like 4-5/10.

Agree with Sebastian and autephexā€¦
I found this one superb. I watched and I was really delighted with this one, but when I saw so many negative comments I was a bit surprised. :o
I guess Iā€™ll have to watch this one once again (itā€™s been top 20 stuff for me so far), maybe Iā€™ll change my mind.
On the other hand I can see why so many people dislike this one. :slight_smile:
Most of spaghetti western fans need action and shootouts to be entertained. There is not too many action in this one, but at least itā€™s well filmed little gem. 8)

this movie starts really kicking in last 20-30 minutes, you have great ā€œbury him deepā€ scene, some good gatling rampage, a hero in a blood soaked shirt (you donā€™t see something like that in SWs too often), some shotgun action and throughout the whole movie great John Ireland who steals the show

Glad you liked it.
I found it very exciting as well. Iā€™ve re-watched it recently. Not Top 20, but it misses it very, very narrowly.
I can see why Mr Tarantino has it in his Top 20. :wink: