Gatling Gun (Dorado)

I just watched this. Nice DVD.

In the scene where Tarpas rides to the Grant’s, the DVD stutters, as if during the encoding their computer slowed down, then the image looks mashed and the audio goes off-sync until the bed scene with the derringer…

was that my dvd player or did anyone experience this? was it during the layer change maybe?

http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Quel_caldo_maledetto_giorno_di_fuoco/DVD

[quote=“Sebastian, post:1, topic:2154”]I just watched this. Nice DVD.

In the scene where Tarpas rides to the Grant’s, the DVD stutters, as if during the encoding their computer slowed down, then the image looks mashed and the audio goes off-sync until the bed scene with the derringer…

was that my dvd player or did anyone experience this? was it during the layer change maybe?

http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Quel_caldo_maledetto_giorno_di_fuoco/DVD[/quote]

For what it is worth, my copy doesn’t do that, Sebastian.
I don’t recall anyone else mentioning this problem. Maybe it is just a glitch with that particular disc?

I like this film pretty well and the Dorado release is very good.
I still think QT likes it as well as he does mostly because there are so many sequences involving feet (see my post in the film’s thread)! ha ha!
:wink:

haha didn’t notice that.
i’ll check the disc again before i write my review. yeah it’s nice. just the audio quality is a bit below of what i expected. i know, i’m spoiled by KOch media :wink:

[quote=“Sebastian, post:3, topic:2154”]haha didn’t notice that.
i’ll check the disc again before i write my review. yeah it’s nice. just the audio quality is a bit below of what i expected. i know, i’m spoiled by KOch media ;)[/quote]

I agree about the audio. Like I said in my comments on the movie’s thread. But, visually, the Dorado release is the best ever for this film.

I’ve not watched mine yet but do you think dorado took the print from the Italian release?

did any of your copys have a part with italian adio with no english subs the one netflix sent me did

My dvd has the subs for the Italian audio sections in the film.

weird cause the dvd i got thru netflix.com has no english subs and it is the dorado relese of the film

Well, if you select Italian audio for the entire film, there are no subtitles available.
If you select English audio, then there are subtitles for the small sections that appear only in Italian.
Dorado says that there were several scenes that were never dubbed into English, so those scenes appear in Italian with English subtitles. But, otherwise, English subs are not available while watching the film in Italian.

As an aside, all of the scenes that they claimed were never dubbed into English were definitely dubbed into English.
I have them on an old fullscreen DVD-R of the film. Plus, a few of the lines appear in the trailer which is on the Dorado disc.

you should mail those to Dorado so when they do a re-release of the disc, they can use that material!

My DVD worked perfectly. It’s a really good presentation of an unusual SW. Interesting to listen to the Italian track to hear how the music is applied differently there.

Here’s a link to the DVD review on my CINEMADROME EUROWESTERN FORUM.www.cinemadrome.yuku.comhttp://www.cinemadrome.yuku.com