Four Dollars of Revenge / Four Dollars for Vengeance / Cuatro dólares de venganza (Jaime Jesús Balcázar, 1966)

True, they didn’t have dollars in the Hyborian Age.

As for the film, it felt very American for the first half hour (cavalry, ballroom-dancing, whistling, trumpeting and heroic all-male choir singing), then a lot more like the real thing, only to end in an American fashion (Dumas’ novel had a more grim ending, if I remember correctly?).

1 Like

Not really a happy ending but not totally bleak either, rather conciliatory: “Warten und Hoffen!” are the last three words in my German edition from 1978. Wait and hope.

This movie’s page in the SWDb has been updated to the new layout. Please report errors and let us know if you can add reviews, information, trivia, facts or pictures.

I just watched this one again.
If someone could update the main page: Cuatro dólares de venganza

At least some of the “filming locations” were set at:

Esplugas City
Alcolea De Cinca
Fraga
Mazzano Romano

Thanks,

1 Like

This one has now been updated with A NEW POLL to vote on at the top of the page under the original post. Please find it and share your rating with the community.

As usual, link to forum page has also been added / fixed, poster art added, and broken links removed. The original member’s post is as intended, at the top section.

Any issues, please say.

1 Like