Four Came to Kill Sartana / E vennero in quattro per uccidere Sartana! (Demofilo Fidani, 1969)

(autephex) #21

Also looks like this widescreen version is (maybe) a fake letterbox of the fullscreen:

Not sure though, as it could be a slightly different frame since the top of the image is missing a bit from the widescreen shot above

Also, this version that I have from Italian TV runs 1hour 24minutes, which leaves 12 minutes missing from the listed 96min runtime

This VHS cover shows a runtime of 100 min, which is even longer

(JonathanCorbett) #22

I think the fullscreen version is open matte, so there is no fake widescreen (at least in this case). However the quality is the same: the differences in terms of contrast, saturation and sharpness are due to the fact that I slightly retouched the screenshots.

You’re right on the running time, in fact, many sources report 95 minutes while this version lasts 88 minutes (84m 30s PAL). In addition, as I said in a previous post, the titles have been modified.

I know there’s another version (Cinemovie) with Italian audio and correct titles, but personally I’ve never seen it and I don’t know the exact runtime.

(autephex) #23

The one I have has the correct titles, as well as the full ending credits and runs 84 minutes 23secs. Originally Italian audio, and English track added to it. It is sourced to a “TVDigitale” recording - I’m not sure if that’s the name of the TV station or what - I assume its just labeled as saying its a digital recording from TV. The logo of the channel is watermarked but I don’t know what that channel is. I’d agree with you that it looks like an open matte print.

(JonathanCorbett) #24

As far as i know the right titles are those on a blue background. :wink:

The name of the TV station is Italia 1.

(autephex) #25

Oh really? I figured the Italian title would have been the original… the other one looks more interesting than the white text on black background though

(JonathanCorbett) #26

Seemingly there is a vague similarity in style with the opening titles of the previous Passa Sartana… è l’ombra della tua morte.

(JonathanCorbett) #27

[quote=“autephex, post:21, topic:2868”]Also, this version that I have from Italian TV runs 1hour 24minutes, which leaves 12 minutes missing from the listed 96min runtime

This VHS cover shows a runtime of 100 min, which is even longer[/quote]

[quote=“JonathanCorbett, post:22, topic:2868”]You’re right on the running time, in fact, many sources report 95 minutes while this version lasts 88 minutes (84m 30s PAL). In addition, as I said in a previous post, the titles have been modified.

I know there’s another version (Cinemovie) with (…) correct titles, but personally I’ve never seen it and I don’t know the exact runtime.[/quote]

95/100 minutes is wrong, the correct runtime is 89 minutes (m. 2440). The original rating was T, that is to say all ages admitted.

(autephex) #28

Thanks for clearing that up!

(The Man With a Name) #29

I’ve watched this three times recently. One of the dumbest Fidani films but very entertaining.