Four Came to Kill Sartana / E vennero in quattro per uccidere Sartana! (Demofilo Fidani, 1969)

Also looks like this widescreen version is (maybe) a fake letterbox of the fullscreen:

Not sure though, as it could be a slightly different frame since the top of the image is missing a bit from the widescreen shot above

Also, this version that I have from Italian TV runs 1hour 24minutes, which leaves 12 minutes missing from the listed 96min runtime

This VHS cover shows a runtime of 100 min, which is even longer

I think the fullscreen version is open matte, so there is no fake widescreen (at least in this case). However the quality is the same: the differences in terms of contrast, saturation and sharpness are due to the fact that I slightly retouched the screenshots.

You’re right on the running time, in fact, many sources report 95 minutes while this version lasts 88 minutes (84m 30s PAL). In addition, as I said in a previous post, the titles have been modified.

I know there’s another version (Cinemovie) with Italian audio and correct titles, but personally I’ve never seen it and I don’t know the exact runtime.

The one I have has the correct titles, as well as the full ending credits and runs 84 minutes 23secs. Originally Italian audio, and English track added to it. It is sourced to a “TVDigitale” recording - I’m not sure if that’s the name of the TV station or what - I assume its just labeled as saying its a digital recording from TV. The logo of the channel is watermarked but I don’t know what that channel is. I’d agree with you that it looks like an open matte print.

As far as i know the right titles are those on a blue background. :wink:

The name of the TV station is Italia 1.

Oh really? I figured the Italian title would have been the original… the other one looks more interesting than the white text on black background though

Seemingly there is a vague similarity in style with the opening titles of the previous Passa Sartana… è l’ombra della tua morte.

[quote=“autephex, post:21, topic:2868”]Also, this version that I have from Italian TV runs 1hour 24minutes, which leaves 12 minutes missing from the listed 96min runtime

This VHS cover shows a runtime of 100 min, which is even longer[/quote]

[quote=“JonathanCorbett, post:22, topic:2868”]You’re right on the running time, in fact, many sources report 95 minutes while this version lasts 88 minutes (84m 30s PAL). In addition, as I said in a previous post, the titles have been modified.

I know there’s another version (Cinemovie) with (…) correct titles, but personally I’ve never seen it and I don’t know the exact runtime.[/quote]

95/100 minutes is wrong, the correct runtime is 89 minutes (m. 2440). The original rating was T, that is to say all ages admitted.

Thanks for clearing that up!

I’ve watched this three times recently. One of the dumbest Fidani films but very entertaining.

1 Like

Database page is down on this one

Yeah, there’s the same problem with the films like “…e così divennero i tre supermen del West”.
Must be something to do with “…” in the name.

Original opening credits

2 Likes