For a Fist in the Eye / Per un pugno nell’occhio (Michele Lupo, 1965)

Database page: Per un pugno nell'occhio - The Spaghetti Western Database

Howard Hughes has just contributed a review of this Franco and Ciccio comedy for the database so thought it timely to start a thread on the movie here.

Here’s a link to the review: Howard Hughes' Review: For a Fist in the Eye - The Spaghetti Western Database

Nice!

There’s a tiny mistake in the first sentence. Del should be nel.

Il Cattivo Tenente ha (quasi) ragione: del deve essere nell’ (con doppia l)

It’s great that such a prominent figure in Spaghetti Western academia has contributed a review to the website.

Lol, scherpschutter

I agree. Let’s hope he’ll contribute more. 8)

Haven’t read it yet - it’s quite bulky I must say, but it’s comprehensible in the case of this lesser known spagh. Maybe tomorrow.

Thanks, BL.
I have fixed it now.

Probably funniest Franco & Ciccio film I’ve seen so far but that isn’t saying much though. It’s similar goofiness as their other films but partly it follows closely some scenes from Fistful of Dollars and these scenes are funny, especially the last shoot out scene. I watched italian version, I wish someone makes a english translation for this. If you haven’t seen any F & C film yet this might be the best choice to see first.

Franco: “When a man with .45 meets a man with an empty rifle, the man with an empty rifle’s a dead man”.

Looking at the year of release (haven’t seen this movie), is this the first spoof of the spaghetti western?

In the proper sense, undoubtedly.

It was released only seven months after Per un pugno di dollari. A couple of lines (Che belle poppe!, Me ne fotto!, Puttana) were censored and as far as I know still are but - as attested by Marco Giusti’s book - in some cinemas the film was screened uncut.

Howard Hughes’ Review is highly recommended. A small clarification: the twosome westerns are 10 and not 11, because Francesco ‘Ciccio’ Ingrassia is not present in Il sogno di Zorro (1975) in which Franco is the only lead actor.

This film’s page in the database has been updated to the new layout. Please help us improving it.