For a Few Dollars More / Per qualche dollaro in più (Sergio Leone, 1965)

Too bad the Cleefster doesn’t figure too much into this artwork

...I was just wondering waht you guys think about the pocket watch, what do you think it means.

Personally I am of the opinion that it’s a harmless plot device to allow Ennio Morricone to work a theme with a glockenspiel into the musical score, and add dramatic tension to the violence that is keyed off it’s timings. Does seem odd to me that Mortimer’s sister would have been given a pocket watch with her own picture in it, unless it was supposed to be Peter Lee Lawrence’s pocket watch.

I just realized something funny, I taped this off Fox back in the early 1990s and it has what I think is the complete beating scene with Indio hopping down off the wall and saying “That’s enough, tie them up, all things in good time” which is distinctly missing from the 2 disc CE version from MGM which someone got me for Christmas. Granted the broadcast version was fullscreen and chopped of some of the more graphic moments but it just strikes me as odd that a bit of the film I’d been used to is suddenly absent.

Later on this pocket watch device turned up in other SWs aswell

And it’s certainly a cool SW-like thing :slight_smile:

Fidani uses the watch in “Coffin Full of Dollars” :wink:

Cool, have this Koch disc now but haven’t watched it yet, looking forward to it

In Long Live Your Death Franco Nero plays a Russian prince, and in his pocket watch there is even a choir of Cossacks going HEEY!! :smiley:

I just got Sergio Leone’s “For a Few Dollars More” on DVD, and I’m looking forward to watching it.

Its really good. I wish the Clint Eastwood interview was longer though.

The only extras I got was the film’s trailer and a interactive menu.

Get the special edition 2 disc set.

It’s a shame I don’t have that much cash around… Sigh…

The 2 disc special edition is only a “few dollars more”. LOL

Did you get the man with no name trilogy set? Its a bare bones release but really cheap. I had it until the special editions came out and then I bought those ones instead.

No worries, I know what you mean, I think we are all feeling the recession right now. There are so many discs I want to buy right now but I’m strapped for cash.

DVDpacific.com has the lowest prices from what I gather.

[quote=“Col. Douglas Mortimer, post:111, topic:327”]The 2 disc special edition is only a “few dollars more”. LOL

Did you get the man with no name trilogy set? Its a bare bones release but really cheap. I had it until the special editions came out and then I bought those ones instead.

No worries, I know what you mean, I think we are all feeling the recession right now. There are so many discs I want to buy right now but I’m strapped for cash.

DVDpacific.com has the lowest prices from what I gather.[/quote]
No, I don’t have the “Man With No-Name” DVD box set. I do have all of the dollars trilogy however, but “A Fistful of Dollars” on a 2001 VHS, “For a Few Dollars More” on a one-disc DVD and “The Good, the Bad and the Ugly” taped off the TV.

Having any copy of this great movie is great in my book. I am glad to see more people who love it, it is my favorite western and one of my favorite movies. Classic doesn’t even begin to describe this movie.

Amen.

In this day & age we should be able to get dvd’s for a few dollars less. :wink:

I’m going to be watching the DVD of “For a Few Dollars More” (I’ve been saving it up for a Saturday night!) today. Hopfully it’s as good as everyone says it is!

Don’t be surprised it’s a great one! :wink:

At least a few people here like it …

[quote=“Stanton, post:118, topic:327”]At least a few people here like it …[/quote]Understatement of the year :wink:

I’ve watched “For a Few Dollars More” and I must say, I’m impressed. Great story and acting.

Heres a few thougths on it:

To me, “For a Few Dollars More” dosn’t feel like the other “Dollars” movies. (Correct me if I’m wrong) But it seems to me that Lee Van Cleef gets the most screen time (not that its a bad thing!), and Clint Eastwood is more of a supporting character.