Fluent French Speaker Needed

Hi all. I am working on a Film/Cultural Studies course at university, with a focus on French cinema. I’m going to be looking at “Contempt”, “Leon: The Professional” and “Cemetery Without Crosses”. For the latter film, I would like someone to help me obtain an accurate translation of the French version into English (I’ll be comparing it with the Italian and English versions).

The French audio, synced with Arrow Video’s transfer, can be viewed here: - YouTube

I also have an subtitle file that roughly matches the French version, but was poorly-worded in terms of grammar and sentence construction. I’ve cleaned them up somewhat, but it should still be corrected for accuracy. Once I’ve fixed the timing, I’ll upload it so anyone can peruse it alongside the film - if possible, I’d like the translation to be complete before the end of this week.

1 Like

I would also recommend that anyone who wants to view the subtitles should use Subtitle Edit: Nikse.dk

Cemetery FRA.srt (19.1 KB)
This is the SRT file for the French version if anyone wants to peruse it.

1 Like

Hi, I am French and I can help you if you wish.

1 Like

Thanks very much! If you are able to look over my subtitles with the entire movie, that would be awesome, but if you’re busy, you could just look at the scenes before Manuel’s arrival at the town. I’d like at least those scenes checked by tomorrow night if possible.