Five Bloody Graves (Al Adamson, 1969)

HAS ANYONE SEEN THE WESTERN “FIVE BLOODY GRAVES”? AND IF SO IS IT GOOD.I HAVE SEEN IT MENTIONED ON TWO DIFFERENT MOVIE SITES LATLELY,I HAD NEVER HEARD OF IT BEFORE,AM INTERESTED, COOL TITLE.

Any more information ? Year, director, country ? cast ?

Must be this one: 5 blutige Gräber (1969) - IMDb

Might be the greatest western of all time but the imdb-raters has it clocked in at 1.3 / 10 so don’t get your hopes up.

Hi it´s interisting… Scott Brady and Carradine !!! Nice westerns actors !
Opinions ?

it was on movies for men a week or so ago.it is a cheaply made western from “Z movie hack” al adamson and in fact is proberly his best film but still isn’t much.average at best,out of place music score and rather pretencious narration.a couple of fairly violent scenes.3/10

A book I read on the western films says this is a sex western.

[quote=“korano, post:6, topic:154”]A book I read on the western films says this is a sex western.[/quote]i know that this film and another of adamson’s westerns “jessi’s girls” are sometimes advertised and termed as “sex westerns”. i don’t know why that would be as there isn’t much in them and what there is , is nothing special, certainly not erotic.

I have the original VHS release and the DVD. The VHS has an X-rating on the back, which gives you the impression that it’s a violent/adult western. There is hardly any violence in it though. Both the VHS and the DVD are pretty tame. Movies4men has shown this one quite a few times during the daytime (that proves the content is considered suitable enough for children). I wonder if there’s scenes cut out. An Indian woman is raped in the film but it feels like there is a badly edited cut. Maybe they never actually filmed the rape. Here’s my VHS tape:

Remember Cormack of The Mounties with Fabio Testi was cut for violence on Movies For Men, it was a knife scene. Another Spaghetti was cut aswell, cannot remember the title at the moment.

Maybe they cut this one, too. I didn’t watch more than 10 minutes of it when it was broadcast. Both the VHS and DVD that I have are pretty tame though. There might be a violent version out there. I didn’t get to see Cormack but I seem to remember them cutting the scene in Taste of Killing when Mingo kills that random guy in the saloon with a machete.