Film Inquiries

Second time lucky, ay? :wink:

Is there a non-Spaghetti Western movie that you would like to find out more about or have you foregotten the name of a movie you saw along time ago? Ask about it here!

Okay, Iā€™ll start the ball rolling. I read on a website that a movie called ā€œAt Long Last Loveā€ never got released on VHS or DVD. Is this true, and if it is, is there any way of seeing the film now?

Sounds difficult!

Okay, I'll start the ball rolling. I read on a website that a movie called "At Long Last Love" never got released on VHS or DVD. Is this true, and if it is, is there [i]any[/i] way of seeing the film now?
It's the Peter Bogdanovic Musical with Burt Reynolds, isn't it? I looked at a German Website OFDB.de which is normally very good in searching for any releases or TV screenings but I couldn't find anything.

Yes, it is. Thanks for looking, Paco, it looks like my suspicions were right. Because of this, I actually want to see the movie now!

Has anyone ever seen Tod Browningā€™s ā€œDevil-Dollā€ from 1936. It is about a refugee from Devilā€™s Island who disguises himself as an old-lady who sells human dolls which murder those responsible for his imprisionment. I am really interested in seeing this film. Have any of you seen it?

Sorry. Not seen that one.

I havenā€™t seen it eitherā€¦ But considering that itā€™s made around the same time that he made Dracula, Mark Of The Vampire and the amazing Freaks, chances are itā€™ll be pretty good.

From a cursory search:

[url]http://www.amazon.com/Devil-Doll-VHS-Lionel-Barrymore/dp/6301966260[/url]

@ Starblack.

Whereā€™s your quote from? It really rings a bell, but I canā€™t think what film it is.

Magnum Force perhapsā€¦

ā€œFreaksā€ was spectacularly good. It gave you real scares and never resorted to mindless gore.

[quote=ā€œStarblack, post:7, topic:1955ā€]From a cursory search:

http://www.amazon.com/Devil-Doll-VHS-Lionel-Barrymore/dp/6301966260[/quote]
Thank you. Itā€™s one of Tod Browningā€™s more obscure films so I didnā€™t expect too many people to have seen it.

Welcome to the Django club by the way John :slight_smile: .

Thank you!

[quote=ā€œMing, post:8, topic:1955ā€]@ Starblack.

Whereā€™s your quote from? It really rings a bell, but I canā€™t think what film it is.[/quote]starblackā€™s quote is from the 1974 horror film " Living Dead at the manchester morgue" and is uttered by Arthur Kennedy as a hippie hating police sergeant.

[quote=ā€œJohn Welles, post:4, topic:1955ā€]Has anyone ever seen Tod Browningā€™s ā€œDevil-Dollā€ from 1936. It is about a refugee from Devilā€™s Island who disguises himself as an old-lady who sells human dolls which murder those responsible for his imprisionment. I am really interested in seeing this film. Have any of you seen it?[/quote]i saw it a long time ago used to be a regular show on bbc2 when they had their horror double bills late on saturday nights in the 1970ā€™s.does not show up much now. to be honest canā€™t remember much about it but it was ok as far as i can recall.

Great lineā€¦ I knew it was familiar. Pretty good film as it goes, gotta love those cool contact lenses!

Ah, right. Looks like my only chance of seeing it is to pick up the DVD!

Itā€™s a fun little flick, though i wouldnā€™t put it on the same level as FREAKS or MARK OF THE VAMPIRE. If nothing else, you get to see Lionel Barrymore in drag. Iā€™d rate it a solid 6/10.

Iā€™m not sure if this is suppose to be a highlight from the film.

Billy Bob Thorntonā€™s All the Pretty Horses (2001) is on tonight and Iā€™m in two minds whether to watch it or not, as Iā€™ve some pretty bad reviews about it. Is it any good?