Fifteen Scaffolds for a Killer / The Dirty Fifteen / 15 forche per un assassino (Nunzio Malasomma, 1967)

Aha thanks, I have been ā€œgoogle-maps-trevellingā€ there before in search for another SW location maybe a year or so ago. I will try to see if I can recognise some hillsā€¦
Sometimes the moviemakers are cheating though and one imaginary location is defined by 2 (or more ?) completely different real ones :slight_smile:

From Western locations Spain - there are many pictures from the general area, but scroll down to find one of the fort.

I think I found it now, below on google street view, that is the view seen from the supposed fort looking at the ā€œenemyā€ riders approaching after 53 minutes into the film.

In the foreground then the fort should have been located, and as indicated in your link at Las Espertinas which is nearly 4 km SSE of Ciempozuelos pueblo. My screenshot is a very very amateurish one by my laptop camera. The link below the photo is the supposed corresponding street view. (You seem nowadays not to be able to directly link efficiently to google maps views, so one has to copy link below and paste it ).

www.google.se/maps/@40.1168413,-3.6204549,3a,15y,284.13h,91.36t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sX6UYks4aDHJd-lYMlibWZA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

At least the hills in the background match very well. (The proposed Tabernas location wasnā€™t that bad, but no match completelyā€¦)

So for the record I should clarify that the ranch was not exactly located where there are some buildings now just north of Carretera Guadalix, but instead nearly 800 meters at the south of them and therefore also south of the same road.
It is thoroughly described here :

There I plan to run in the area some time in the future. The weather in Comenar Viejo seems statistically to be convenient either in June or September, if you prefer running in shorts :slight_smile:

About the movie after my second watching I agree with the review Fifteen Scaffolds for a Killer Review - The Spaghetti Western Database

ā€¦even if I also find the story rather boring and with silly characters such as the one played by George Martin. The most interesting was the studying of the SW locations.

I rate this as a 5/10, watchable but not so good, and not in my top 50 (around 70 of all 80+ SW that I have watched so far).

This movieā€™s page in the database has been updated to the new layout. Please report any errors, or submit texts, links, facts or images.

The Spanish DVD is widescreen, but non anamorphic ā€¦ 2.35x1 image inside a 4.3 frame ā€¦ better picture quality than the Wild East release, which is very very dark.

1 Like

New poll for this one at the top under the original post. :arrow_up:

1 Like

I think this one could have been good if the storytelling had been compressed to make it perhaps 20 minutes shorter. One character knows who the killer is the whole time, and another one knows it for the second half of the movie, and yet they donā€™t bother to bring it up until the end!