Fifteen Scaffolds for a Killer / The Dirty Fifteen / 15 forche per un assassino (Nunzio Malasomma, 1967)

I was thinking about you & your avatar when I wrote that line, but I discovered my wife fancies him too
She came in when I was rewatching the movie on my PC to check a few details and said: wow, if all cowboys looked like him ā€¦

[quote=ā€œscherpschutter, post:21, topic:1288ā€]I was thinking about you & your avatar when I wrote that line, but I discovered my wife fancies him too
She came in when I was rewatching the movie on my PC to check a few details and said: wow, if all cowboys looked like him ā€¦[/quote]

Obviously a lady of impeccable tasteā€¦ ;D

Me to !..just love a bit of Raoul :wink: , and always start to think of the word ravioli when I hear his name.

Yepā€¦gotta love Raoul! And apparently that wasnā€™t even his name! Read some article about Francesco DeMasi and it said his name was actually Ettore Lovecchioā€¦so not sure where Raoul came fromā€¦maybe it was his middle name???

Nice review.

And yes Raoul is great! Just like De Masi.

You never knowā€¦

Great articles.
And above all, thank you quote me, sir Scherpschutter.
Itā€™s a great honor to appear on this site.

Watched this one today and Scherpā€™s review pretty much mirrors everything I felt about it. Flawed in a lot of ways but a Raoul sung theme tune will set me up in an amazingly forgiving mood so I enjoyed it on the whole. The scottish accents in the english dub raised a smile though. They were awful. :smiley:

Iā€™ve got the Spanish DVD but somehow I didnā€™t watched yet. Perhaps I shouldā€¦

It is certainly worth seeing PP. Not likely to upset your list of favourites but Iā€™ve sat through worse recently.

Iā€™d say this one was better than routine but has a lot of routine elements. In fact, if it werenā€™t for the rather unusual plot, itā€™d be very routine. But there are enough action scenes, tender moments, and character confrontations to be very watchable. Yes, the accents, though obviously attempting old western realism, seem very stupid.

there sure are a lot of numbers of things for nouns in spaghetti westerns

I might have stated this already in this thread; so, forgive me if I am repeating myselfā€¦

But, this is actually a personal favorite of the so-called lesser Spaghetti Westernsā€“and it is my second most favorite Craig Hill vehicle (behind I WANT HIM DEAD). I agree with Phil about the Scottish accents, though!
Love De Masiā€™s score, the locations, and the action.

Watch it during the weekend and actually liked a lot. Good plot.
No accents found in my DVD, :slight_smile: although there are some print damages at some point, but nothing to serious.

I have now seen the Jerksi version. It contains apart from some Spanish pieces surprisingly also a few lines here and there in German.

With over 7 extra min, many things now make more sense. And I have to admit I really enjoyed it now.
Some cuts are still a bit crude and the ending is still a joke, but it has interesting characters, good acting (Craig Hill and George Martin in their best roles and this cutie which calls herself Susy Anderson and a fine supporting cast), good photography (the always reliable Stelvio Massi) and is generally very well directed.

Iā€™m still sure the screenplay had another ending and in general I wouldnā€™t wonder if this was heavily cut down from a much longer version.

Some weaker parts:

1. There are a few naive looking chase scenes with riders pursuing others and shooting around. Never liked these scenes in any westerns.
  2. The murder mystery parts are not too convincing, and are also generally not a good idea for westerns.
  3. A song sung by Raoul.
  4. The ending as said above. But somehow now knowing it would come it wasnā€™t as ridiculous for me as when I watched the film first. Even if it is.

I also noted that, unusually for SWs in which shot people are always immediately dead, there are several death scenes in which the shot guys can utter a few words before dying. A few pathetic lines amongst them.

Well, a crude film and a pleasure to watch. One of the so called minor gems.

Letā€™s say this old fart Malasomma was without any doubt a better director for westerns than Vallerii, Baldi ( except Blindman), Petroni, Castellari. He had the eye for composing western images.

[quote=ā€œscherpschutter, post:9, topic:1288ā€]In the meantime I found a version of 1:36:18 (torrent)
It says itā€™s the English language version from Jerski
No idea where he got this copy from, but the title sequence apparently is in Spanish (Quince Horcas para un Asesino)[/quote]
Iā€™ve just checked my copy - which runs at 1.32.47 and has the titles in English as The Dirty 15. Not a very good print particularly (althoā€™ Iā€™ve seen a lot worse) and subtitles both in French AND something that looks Arabic(?). Is this a usual version?
Just thought Iā€™d throw that one in the mixā€¦
Iā€™m watching this tomorrow/today - my thoughts to follow.

[quote=ā€œReverend Danite, post:36, topic:1288ā€]Iā€™ve just checked my copy - which runs at 1.32.47 and has the titles in English as The Dirty 15. Not a very good print particularly (althoā€™ Iā€™ve seen a lot worse) and subtitles both in French AND something that looks Arabic(?). Is this a usual version?
Iā€™m watching this tomorrow/today - my thoughts to follow.[/quote]

Tha version you describe is the first one i got. Then i got the Spanish language dvd to actually see the film with a decent pictureā€¦then a fandub of said discā€¦it doesnā€™t have a complete english soundtrack due to difference it running times but it beats that other version! And that songā€¦i like it but it certainly doesnā€™t fit the film!

[quote=ā€œReverend Danite, post:36, topic:1288ā€]Iā€™ve just checked my copy - which runs at 1.32.47 and has the titles in English as The Dirty 15. Not a very good print particularly (althoā€™ Iā€™ve seen a lot worse) and subtitles both in French AND something that looks Arabic(?). Is this a usual version?
Iā€™m watching this tomorrow/today - my thoughts to follow.[/quote]

That version is pretty choppyā€¦quite a few awkward cuts (just as our amiga Silver has pointed out).

Thanks chaps (chappess) :wink: - ahhh I see, thought this might be the case. Maybe Iā€™ll hold off on this one for a while. Iā€™ve got plenty more in my to watch pile ;D

Well, if youā€™d like to see a better quality version feel free to pm :slight_smile: