Favourite credit-sequences in spaghettis?

Do you have any favourites?

There’s both the animated or rotoscope credits, like in Fistful or GBU.

Or the more normal type, like when Django is dragging his coffin in the mud, or Iris Berben running in Companeros.

I like the credits to ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST as nice and slow, and that is how I like things in life.

Love the way the credits slide onto the screen.

The credits in “For a few dollars” more are incredible. Guy on a horse approaching and then BANG! :smiley:

Hard to pick just one, generally I like the rotoscoped ones, quite kitsch but synonymous with the genre. But the two live action credit sequences already mentioned (Django and OUATITW) are both favourites of mine too, classics.

There are many great ones, I like the one to I Want Him Dead also, both the credits and the main-theme!

There’s so many good ones but here’s few:

Go for Broke is one of my favorites, good music and funny animation. Also In Colt’s Shadow which has beautiful artwork

I really like Once Upon a Time in the West and Companeros. Both are amazing…

Flynn

Because of the thread "A Little Bit Of Death Will Do Me… " I came to think of this old thread :smiley:

Maybe we can have some more discussion here too?

Btw, were the Dollars-films the only ones to have gunshots in the main-themes?

Can’t think of any others right now ???

[quote=“Lindberg, post:8, topic:680”]Btw, were the Dollars-films the only ones to have gunshots in the main-themes?

Can’t think of any others right now ???[/quote] ??? ???
There must be dozens of them. Taste of Killing, Santana killed them all comes to my mind first. But really, “there’s an awful lot of them”

Ok thanks, there are dozens :o

You’ve seen many more SWs than I have :wink:

Quinto: non ammazzare has gunshots. I don’t remember Santana Killed Them All having any, though.

Does someone have a list of all opening credit sequences designed by Lardani? His work was always awesome!

Great non-Leone/Sollima sequences:

Day of Anger
Go For Broke
32 Killer Calibre
A Taste of Killing
Fury of Johnny Kid
God Forgive… His Life Is Mine
Viva Django (Baldi)
Here We Go Again, Eh Providence? (very funny & good music. I like the film also)
2 Rrrringos nel Texas (another funny one + Savina’s good score)

The Moment To Kill

Great swingy love song called “Walk By My Side” (by Francisco De Masi) is belted out over the credits as George Hilton & Walter Barnes ride side by side out of the ramblas and desert. Pretty funny juxtoposition of love song with images of Hilton & Barnes. I wonder if they really meant to do that? Pretty funny either way.

[quote=“Silver Wolf, post:11, topic:680”]Quinto: non ammazzare has gunshots.

Does someone have a list of all opening credit sequences designed by Lardani? His work was always awesome![/quote]

My vid of Quinto doesn’t have the same titles. It’s an English language and Greek subbed version but with French titles. ‘Quinto: A Ne Pas Tuer’. On this the opening credits are to a painting of a red sky with a ‘wonky’ wooden cross, whilst a very cheesy song gets played.

‘Born to Kill’ has those fantastic slightly psychedelic (well, it was 1967) comic-book style titles. Don’t know who did them tho’ ???.Plenty of drawn (and drawn) pistols and hangman’s trees but no actual shots are fired. Cheap looking but perfect.

[quote=“Lindberg, post:1, topic:680”]Do you have any favourites?

There’s both the animated or rotoscope credits, like in Fistful or GBU.

Or the more normal type, like when Django is dragging his coffin in the mud, or Iris Berben running in Companeros.[/quote]
I’m shortlisting only my “graphical” type favourites with no straight live action in the mix (though FAFDM has maybe a little). What I was basically looking for is the perfect combo of great music and lively graphics. A lot of boring choices but these are the current faves…

THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE UGLY
RUN, MAN, RUN
FACE TO FACE
FORT YUMA GOLD
I AM SARTANA YOUR ANGEL OF DEATH
THE FIVE MAN ARMY
FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE
FISTFUL OF DOLLARS
DJANGO THE BASTARD
IN A COLT’S SHADOW

I love rotoscope animations
Viva Django
Big Gundown
For a few dollars more
Fistful of dollars
Sartana (all of them)
Killer caliber 32
Return of Ringo
Django the Bastard
No Room to Die
Garringo
Apocalypse Joe

I’ve always liked the opening short pre-credit sequence (along with the great rotoscoped credits) of Ballata Per Un Pistolero.
Mario Novelli starts the movie by showing how talented and skilled some of these actors were at twirling and holstering guns. He also mounts his horse with great athleticism, all while looking really cool and stylish. This short sequence shows a Spaghetti bandito to perfection: armed to the teeth and dagerous. A pirate on horseback.
This short mini-film morphs into the rotoscope title sequence to a great rousing non-morricone score.
Worth the price of admission for this alone.

Have you seen the animated credit sequence for MASSACRE AT GRAND CANYON, with rotoscope type cowboy images? (I’m not certain if this technique was actually used.) Very much in the vein of FISTFUL, this seems to be missing from the dvd era releases but is present in the VHS tapes. Though the Corbucci/Band movie is older than FISTFUL (different sources give different production dates), my guess is the animation was added afterwards to make it seem more “trendy”, otherwise it would be the trendsetter.

[quote=“Romaine Fielding, post:16, topic:680”]I’ve always liked the opening short pre-credit sequence (along with the great rotoscoped credits) of Ballata Per Un Pistolero…

Worth the price of admission for this alone.[/quote]

Yes this one is also a favourite of mine

I’ve also seen this on an old vhs tape of that film, don’t know which film this was used in for the first time ???

My favourite animated credit sequences are:

The Good, The Bad And The Ugly
Day Of Anger
I Want Him Dead (English dub)
Viva Django
The Big Gundown
The Five Man Army
A Fistful Of Dollars
Bandidos
Face To Face
Django The Bastard
Run, Man, Run

I like the animated titles as well… My favorite of them being One Silver Dollar.