Favorite SW Inspired Film(s)

Hello again SW Fans,

I’m sure no one has talked about this yet, so I hope this one is good. As the Italians were inspired by classic Hollywood Westerns, so were future filmmakers were inspired by Italian made Westerns. Some were done within the age of the SW, others long after the genre was finished. I’m curious as to what films inspired by SW’s other fans enjoy to watch. These can be Westerns or non-Westerns, but still contain themes, motifs, etc you find in the SW’s.

Mine are:

Kiru! (Kill!) (1968), Japan, Directed by Kiachi Okamoto, Starring Tatsuya Nakadai

Koruto Wa ore No Pasupooto (A Colt is My Passport) (1967), Japan, Directed by: Takashi Nomura, Starring Jo Shishido & Jerry Fujio

High Plains Drifter (1973) USA, Directed by and Starring Clint Eastwood

Unforgiven (1992) USA, Directed by: Clint Eastwood, Starring Clint Eastwood, Gene Hackman, Morgan Freeman, and Richard Harris

Some 70s Japanese film’s like Hanzo the Razor have SW elements as far as I’m concerned. This sequence from 1999 Korean film Nowhere to Hide has stylized SW elements like the ironic choice of background music juxtaposed with brutality. This is one of the best action sequences I have seen in any movie:

Very nice! The Japanese and Koreans do have an affinity for the American Western and the Italian Western, and this is a fine example of that. Nice pick! :+1:

I forgot to add that SW stylized elements are welcomed too for anyone else who wants to post.