Favorite Spaghetti CHARACTER actors

Ahh, thanks. I didn’t know. I can’t picture what he (Roberto) looks like. I’ll go a alookin’.

[quote=“Stanton, post:17, topic:1457”]We are talking here about a quite different use of the word character actor.

In Germany a character actor is the one who wins the prices and is hailed by the critics for his deep character studies (and is damned as wooden by SD).[/quote]

Yes, maybe this has been my problem!

A real pity, he had great screen presence and made most of his roles very believable.

One of the great faces in film. and an incredible talent.

What about Mario Brega?

Of course!!
Probably the greatest of them all!

Good choice Mrs Angel Eyes ;).

Agreed, how could he have been missed ???

Anyway if I had to pick one it would be a tossup between Luigi Pistilli and Piero Lulli…probably go with Lulli.

Next to Clint, Lee etc …

Mario Brega
Aldo Sambrell
Frank Wolff
Horst Frank
Andrea Bosic
Roberto Carmadiel (liked him in the Arizona Colt Movies!)
Klaus Kinski (if he counts)
Gian Maria Volontè (if he counts too)

Try saying that three times fast. ;D

Do you know who Folco Lulli is? He is supposed to be Piero’s bro. Two guys could not look less alike.

The brothers? huh. Absolutely no resemblence. But hey are both Lulli’s

My list would look something like this, though I’m sure I have forgot someone or several.

1. Piero Lulli
  2. Mario Brega
  3. Luciano Rossi
  4. Frederico Boido
  5. Nello Pazzafini
  6. Aldo Sambrell
  7. Jose Bodalo
  8. Lorenzo Robledo
  9. Franco Ressel
  10. Gianni Rizzo

Big names like Fernando Sancho, Klaus Kinski, Frank Wolf, Donal O’Brien, Luigi Pistilli, Horst Frank and Eduardo Fajardo are not included since they where often in supporting/leading roles.

[quote=“Dorado, post:32, topic:1457”]My list would look something like this, though I’m sure I have forgot someone or several.

1. Piero Lulli
  2. Mario Brega
  3. Luciano Rossi
  4. Frederico Boido
  5. Nello Pazzafini
  6. Aldo Sambrell
  7. Jose Bodalo
  8. Lorenzo Robledo
  9. Jose Torres
  10. Gianni Rizzo

Big names like Fernando Sancho, Klaus Kinski, Frank Wolf, Donal O’Brien, Luigi Pistilli, Horst Frank and Eduardo Fajardo are not included since they where often in supporting/leading roles. [/quote]

I had forgotten Brega when I made my list (10 is not enough anyway). I don’t know how I could have done that. He is actually the actor I noticed first among the many great character actors. Although He is kind of hard to watch in Finders Killers. That man must have had some gargantuan appetites.

Gianni Rizzo, huh? Along with Franco Ressel, the archetype of the corrupt town official/banker etc.
I can’t remember if I ever saw him in another type of role in a Spaghetti…
Do you remember him as anything else Dorado?

[quote=“Romaine Fielding, post:33, topic:1457”]I had forgotten Brega when I made my list (10 is not enough anyway). I don’t know how I could have done that. He is actually the actor I noticed first among the many great character actors. Although He is kind of hard to watch in Finders Killers. That man must have had some gargantuan appetites.

Gianni Rizzo, huh? Along with Franco Ressel, the archetype of the corrupt town official/banker etc.
I can’t remember if I ever saw him in another type of role in a Spaghetti…
Do you remember him as anything else Dorado?[/quote]
No I don’t he was meant for those roles, but Ressel should also have been on my list.

Another evil town boss/banker/rancher/corrupt official is Andrea Bosic. He’s been mentioned by serveral others in this thread. I can remember him playing a sheriff at least once (and an honest one at that!) in Kill Or Be Killed.

1.Eduardo Fajardo

2.Fernando Sancho

3.Aldo Sambrell

4.Piero Lulli

5.Raf Baldassarre

6.Luigi Pistiti

7.Nello Pazzafini

8.Jose Manuel Martin

9.Benito Stefanelli

10.Claudio Undari

Some of mine:

Jose Terron

Luciano Rossi

Bruno Corazzari

Sorry, but all these actors threads are the same to me.

They were brothers. although they were a decade apart in age. In physique, they represented two opposite extremes.

[quote=“Stanton, post:17, topic:1457”]We are talking here about a quite different use of the word character actor.

In Germany a character actor is the one who wins the prices and is hailed by the critics for his deep character studies (and is damned as wooden by SD).[/quote]

Never saw this thread before (at least I don’t remember), but I wanted to make the same remark.
Never knew ‘character actor’ could have the meaning of ‘supporting actor’ (that’s what people are talking about here, if I’m not mistaken.

I’m going to check the term ‘character actor’