Favorite Scene in a Spaghetti Western

It is a scene that has always stuck in my head after first seeing the film when I was around 12 or so :).

One scene you can’t forget is Kinski throwing his grenades in “Qien sabe?”.

The bug eyed reaction on clints face is priceless

1 Like

ah, too much of 'em but here’s few of my favorites:

Almost any scene in My Name is Nobody, I like especially the billiard scene
Train massacre in Bandidos
Death of Keoma’s father
Kinski shooting the legs of Shanghai Joe and then riding around him
Charles Southwood dancing on the table in They Call me Hallelujah

Django shooting people trying to get out of burning house in Viva Django

1 Like

For me this is one of the ideas in Keoma I don’t like

1 Like

This reminds me of the opening of God Forgives, I Don’t.

I love the creepy dead people on the train. It’s really effective the way they show the dead bodies and, out of sight, you hear the wailing and shock of those who were waiting for the train to arrive.

I’ll bet you like that too Mr. San Antonio.

There are so many I don’t know where to start! :wink:

Paco explains the revolution on a naked woman in Il Mercenario !
(+ all scenes in Il Mercenario of course)

Clint’s walk to the first shootout in Fistful of Dollars and he said he needs three coffins.
Clint’s walk after the first shootout and now he needs four coffins.

The scary Introduction of El Indio in For a few Dollars more.
The Flashback Sequence with El Indio.

All scenes of Kinski in The great silence.

Opening Scene together with the great Music Theme in The Bounty Killer.

Bud Spencer and Terence Hill are eating in a nobel restaurant in Trinity is still my Name.

The opening Scene in Once Upon A Time in the West.

Beauregard captures the Professor in Faccia a Faccia.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Trinity fast-drawing and fast-slapping Wildcard Hendricks at the bar in Trinity is Still My Name.
The pre-credits opening scene in Pistoleros.
George Eastman waiting outside the prison for Gemma in Ben and Charlie.
The opening train station scene in OUATITW.
Any scene that Terence Hill gets on a horse.
Opening scene where Tony Anthony rides into town searching for his women in Blindman. What a horse!

1 Like

Jeff Cameron shooting the bank robbers in “per und bara piena di dollari”. That’s unbelievable!!!

Yes! It looks like he just happens to come across a robbery and shoots the bandits like if it was the most common thing that happens everyday :stuck_out_tongue:
Another scene i like for all the wrong reasons is the slow motion flashback that explaing main character’s clapping door phobia in Fidani’s “Savage guns” ;d

I just can’t find anything better than Tuco running through the cemetery in Il Buono, Il Brutto, Il Cattivo. The following is the best youtube clip of it:

but click on the “watch in high quality” link.

I love the way the camera focuses on Tuco while the background rushes by in a dizzying blur. Brilliant.

[quote=“alk0, post:30, topic:1446”]Yes! It looks like he just happens to come across a robbery and shoots the bandits like if it was the most common thing that happens everyday :stuck_out_tongue:
Another scene i like for all the wrong reasons is the slow motion flashback that explaing main character’s clapping door phobia in Fidani’s “Savage guns” ;d[/quote]

That’s my favourite Fidani, especially for the weird shooting scenes. Consequently my second favourite scene in this film is, when Cameron runs away from his opponent, rolls himself over and under one of those devices you fix your horse to (how do you call such a thing??) and shoots the opponent.

And of course the scene, that is on the back of the Koch-DVD, where he jumps and shoots. Great

One of my favorites too Ennioo. (“Dam trains dam’um”)

I also like the scene in the cantina after the bank heist.

Wild, The Hunchback: Well well, if it isn’t the smoker. Well… Remember me, amigo?
Col. Douglas Mortimer: M-Mm.
Wild, The Hunchback: 'Course you do. El Paso.
Col. Douglas Mortimer: It’s a small world.
Wild, The Hunchback: Yes, and very, very bad. Now come on, you light another match.
Col. Douglas Mortimer: I generally smoke just after I eat. Why don’t you come back in about ten minutes?
Wild, The Hunchback: Ten minutes you’ll be smoking in hell. Get up!

1 Like

*When Tuco is captured by Blondie, he swears at the entire universe “HIJO DE PUTA!!! YOU’LL PAY FOR THIS, I HOPE YOU END UP IN A GRAVEYARD!!! LET ME GO AND I’LL PARDON YOU!!!” etc., etc.

*Ditto Col Mortimer - When Lee and Clint size each other up… pun intended haw haw haw.

*So many scenes in The Big Gundown, can’t decide

*Django shooting everybody dead even though he has no hands left

*When Silence shows his vocal scars to “La Negra”

*When Ryan/LVC gets on his horse to stalk the kid in DRAH

1 Like

Django leaving his bloody gun on the gravestone as the camera pans down.
Hanging upside scene in Vengeance is mine.
Tuco looking up through the noose at the end of GBU.
One handed beatdown scene in FAFDM

1 Like

The ending of Death Rides a Horse.

“Defend yourself, Ryan” :slight_smile:

1 Like

‘wild bunch’ ending
and the masacre of the soldiers with the gatling gun from ‘blindman’

[quote=“sartana1968, post:37, topic:1446”]‘wild bunch’ ending[/quote]I thought you hated My Name is Nobody. :slight_smile:

That’s why he loved the ending

Tony Anthony sitting at the table with one of the bad guys eating then pours him a drink then casually shoots him with the 4-barreled shotgun. (from The Stranger Returns)
The scene in FAFDM where Indio and his gang have captured the guy who betrayed him and the resulting gun duel and perfect music by Morricone
In GBU when Clint gives the dying soldier a drag off his cigarillo and picks up the poncho
The scene in Return of Ringo when Gemma is in the doorway and says "I’ve come back Paco Fuentes!"
The opening scene of Light the Fuse…Sartana is Coming!
Trying to think of my favourite Van Cleef scene…there’s so many…I guess it would have to be the whole ending of The Big Gundown
The scene in Compañeros when Tomas Milian climbs up the railway tower thing to free Franco Nero from the noose and the ensuing comedy therein.

1 Like