Favorite Rock

I watched Cemetery without Crosses yet again … and because of this was able to ‘look around’ a bit. I was thrilled to see ‘my favorite rock’ appear in another of my favorite spaghettis.

I’m tellin’ ya … this rock is so iconic it’s worth another trip to Almeria just to pay homage to it. ;D
Anybody got more spottings of it?
Or indeed, maybe a better piece of the Holy Land … or so ya’d reckon?
I doubt it!

Anyways … here she is ('scuse the shots snapped off the computer) …
3 from CWC showing her versatility and her humility - even being prepared to be a distant background shot in the third one …

[attachment older than 600 days, deleted by admin]

Petroni’s also got a thing about her. (She’s also at the end of Skyful… as well I reckon, but my discs screwing up :’()
Here she is again at the climax of Death Rides A Horse
LVC first, and then a shot of JPL riding off towards her … :-*

…and here’s my favorite shot
Complete with eclisiastical touch …

in The Bounty Killer

I believe Man: Pride and Vengeance has some very nice pics of this rock from the top. In fact, I believe Franco Nero and Klaus Kinski have a knofe fight at the top!

Ingenious thread BTW. I’m not just saying that. :slight_smile: A certain genious to it.

My favourite is Blackpool rock ;D.

Dang. I can’t believe I never noticed this unusual rock considering how many times I’ve seen CWC. And I’m a geology buff.

I’ve noticed the valley they use in CWC in other Westerns but not the rock you spied.

You continue to be a font of the unusual, Rev.

I’d love to sit down an watch a movie with you.

But how far would you get in the movie without getting into a big conversation? Then, in turn, losing interest. Unless that is not what you guys are like.

Well, I’m sure we would talk. And we’ve both seen the movie many times. But you are invited too amigo!
But since you live much closer to me it is more likely I will meet you someday than the Rev.
It would be a pleasure to watch with both of you.

I would like seeing these films in theaters. Tell the Venice film festival to rewind and show the spw retrospecitve again because I didn’t see it. In fact, tell the 60’s to rewind! I didn’t see anything. The nerve of these people.

They must have something now and again playing in Seattle.
Down my way the following films made it on to the big screen in the Bay Area:
OUATITW
Fistful
For a Few
GBU
White Comanche

If they play OUATITW again I’ll let you know and your dad can drive you down! :slight_smile:

Cool down Korano :wink:

There ain’t no SW being screened round here in good old Germany (or at least the part I’m living in) either. Everytime I want to see one of them goldies on something bigger than my tiny TV, I have to bother a friend. He own a beamer.
Oh man, is that sad or what?

Yeah, that “rock” and the whole area surrounding it are way up there on my list of favorite places on Earth.
Wish I could make a trip back to Spain, soon, to get more photos of it!!!
I miss Almeria…

Now that I’ve cooled down ;), I do recall Pallbearer telling me that they showed Get Mean at some late night showing in a theater in our University Distrcit.

Forgive my spelling errors, my cat is laying on me again! ::slight_smile:

Just viewed this one again in a not bad widescreen print, and like Anthony’s dry humour.

Yeah, it’d be great to have a conversation in a timezoneless environment one day - without the problems related to time difference and the related ciderspace that is naturally involved.
I wanna watch a film in Almeria again one day.
Still, ‘til we get to that rock for real an’ meet up (and a beer or three later at the Hotel Alba) - cheers from across the pond amigo!

[quote=“Reverend Danite, post:15, topic:1503”]Yeah, it’d be great to have a conversation in a timezoneless environment one day - without the problems related to time difference and the related ciderspace that is naturally involved.
I wanna watch a film in Almeria again one day.
Still, ‘til we get to that rock for real an’ meet up (and a beer or three later at the Hotel Alba) - cheers from across the pond amigo![/quote]

My best friend married a feller from England recently. They are living in Singapore (more or less) right now but may move to Britain. In that case, I may see you soon!

And I would have to buy you a few beers aswell !

Absolutely!
My friend’s husband is from Plymouth but I don’t where they would live. She says it might be London.
I’ve never been to England. Yet!

My brother just got back from London and was blown away by it. It was very big apparently. He liked it.

But I think the rock would be a very cool place to just hang out.

Another distinctive rock - and another favorite. But from a different angle this time.
(And no less a favorite of course because I’ve been there ;D.)
This time the ‘Tuco’ rock from GBU is spotted in Arizona Colt/Man from Nowhere, 20 minutes in when Gordo’s men are charging off to get AC.
Here it is in the film … followed by a couple of Phil’s photos of the scenery - the final one complete with Yod and the Rev.