Favorite Rock

(Reverend Danite) #1

I watched Cemetery without Crosses yet again … and because of this was able to ‘look around’ a bit. I was thrilled to see ‘my favorite rock’ appear in another of my favorite spaghettis.

I’m tellin’ ya … this rock is so iconic it’s worth another trip to Almeria just to pay homage to it. ;D
Anybody got more spottings of it?
Or indeed, maybe a better piece of the Holy Land … or so ya’d reckon?
I doubt it!

Anyways … here she is ('scuse the shots snapped off the computer) …
3 from CWC showing her versatility and her humility - even being prepared to be a distant background shot in the third one …

[attachment older than 600 days, deleted by admin]

(Reverend Danite) #2

Petroni’s also got a thing about her. (She’s also at the end of Skyful… as well I reckon, but my discs screwing up :’()
Here she is again at the climax of Death Rides A Horse
LVC first, and then a shot of JPL riding off towards her … :-*

(Reverend Danite) #3

…and here’s my favorite shot
Complete with eclisiastical touch …

in The Bounty Killer

(korano) #4

I believe Man: Pride and Vengeance has some very nice pics of this rock from the top. In fact, I believe Franco Nero and Klaus Kinski have a knofe fight at the top!

Ingenious thread BTW. I’m not just saying that. :slight_smile: A certain genious to it.

(ENNIOO) #5

My favourite is Blackpool rock ;D.

(Romaine Fielding) #6

Dang. I can’t believe I never noticed this unusual rock considering how many times I’ve seen CWC. And I’m a geology buff.

I’ve noticed the valley they use in CWC in other Westerns but not the rock you spied.

You continue to be a font of the unusual, Rev.

I’d love to sit down an watch a movie with you.

(korano) #7

But how far would you get in the movie without getting into a big conversation? Then, in turn, losing interest. Unless that is not what you guys are like.

(Romaine Fielding) #8

Well, I’m sure we would talk. And we’ve both seen the movie many times. But you are invited too amigo!
But since you live much closer to me it is more likely I will meet you someday than the Rev.
It would be a pleasure to watch with both of you.

(korano) #9

I would like seeing these films in theaters. Tell the Venice film festival to rewind and show the spw retrospecitve again because I didn’t see it. In fact, tell the 60’s to rewind! I didn’t see anything. The nerve of these people.

(Romaine Fielding) #10

They must have something now and again playing in Seattle.
Down my way the following films made it on to the big screen in the Bay Area:
OUATITW
Fistful
For a Few
GBU
White Comanche

If they play OUATITW again I’ll let you know and your dad can drive you down! :slight_smile:

(Dillinger) #11

Cool down Korano :wink:

There ain’t no SW being screened round here in good old Germany (or at least the part I’m living in) either. Everytime I want to see one of them goldies on something bigger than my tiny TV, I have to bother a friend. He own a beamer.
Oh man, is that sad or what?

(Chris_Casey) #12

Yeah, that “rock” and the whole area surrounding it are way up there on my list of favorite places on Earth.
Wish I could make a trip back to Spain, soon, to get more photos of it!!!
I miss Almeria…

(korano) #13

Now that I’ve cooled down ;), I do recall Pallbearer telling me that they showed Get Mean at some late night showing in a theater in our University Distrcit.

Forgive my spelling errors, my cat is laying on me again! ::slight_smile:

(ENNIOO) #14

Just viewed this one again in a not bad widescreen print, and like Anthony’s dry humour.

(Reverend Danite) #15

Yeah, it’d be great to have a conversation in a timezoneless environment one day - without the problems related to time difference and the related ciderspace that is naturally involved.
I wanna watch a film in Almeria again one day.
Still, ‘til we get to that rock for real an’ meet up (and a beer or three later at the Hotel Alba) - cheers from across the pond amigo!

(Romaine Fielding) #16

[quote=“Reverend Danite, post:15, topic:1503”]Yeah, it’d be great to have a conversation in a timezoneless environment one day - without the problems related to time difference and the related ciderspace that is naturally involved.
I wanna watch a film in Almeria again one day.
Still, ‘til we get to that rock for real an’ meet up (and a beer or three later at the Hotel Alba) - cheers from across the pond amigo![/quote]

My best friend married a feller from England recently. They are living in Singapore (more or less) right now but may move to Britain. In that case, I may see you soon!

(ENNIOO) #17

And I would have to buy you a few beers aswell !

(Romaine Fielding) #18

Absolutely!
My friend’s husband is from Plymouth but I don’t where they would live. She says it might be London.
I’ve never been to England. Yet!

(korano) #19

My brother just got back from London and was blown away by it. It was very big apparently. He liked it.

But I think the rock would be a very cool place to just hang out.

(Reverend Danite) #20

Another distinctive rock - and another favorite. But from a different angle this time.
(And no less a favorite of course because I’ve been there ;D.)
This time the ‘Tuco’ rock from GBU is spotted in Arizona Colt/Man from Nowhere, 20 minutes in when Gordo’s men are charging off to get AC.
Here it is in the film … followed by a couple of Phil’s photos of the scenery - the final one complete with Yod and the Rev.