Favorite Gianni Garko Character

Their copy is pretty good. None of those damn Dutch subtitle at the bottom like my DVD-R of Get Mean. I would like to commenton their shipping. One owrd. TERRIBLE! They shipped it priority mail and 8 days later it arrived. Itried to blame it on Priority mail but Romaine, you have proved their worth. So, in conclusion. Great selection, terrible shipping.

The Rev once sent me a copy of Holy Ghost. I loved it so much I went looking for a better copy. I tried Luminous.
It wasn’t as good as Rev’s. Is the Get Mean at least widescreen. I’ve looked at that one and thought about it. My copy of Get mean is full screen (but no subs). Get Mean is a movie that cries out for widescreen.

I don;t remeber. I’m at a different house right now but I’ll tell you what it is in a few hours. I don’t remeber it being widescreen but I try not to notice if t was. I have a hard time blanking out those subs from my vision anyway.

Just voted. Was pretty torn between Brian and Sartana…but assumed wrongly that they would already have a few votes each so i went for Cemetery! Still…it’s a great perormance by Garko…and his scenes with William Berger are wonderful :slight_smile:

Brian and Sartana are really similar in their dementedness, do you agree? You can’t lose with Cemetery though.

They are, very much so. I think i prefer Brian though…at least he starts off as a decent guy, so there’s more of a journey with his character. Sartana is great but he’s a sadistic, cackling git from the get go…

Right you are.

After watching Price of Death, I’d say Silver is one of my favorite characters. He is just so cool and downto busines and smart. He is a guy who can get things done.

Silver is a solid performance. The movie is not top class, but Garko plays a kind of version of his Sartana character in relaxed and cool way.

Silver is a great character, and Garko plays him well…but, and going on things i’ve read about Price Of Death being a sort of unofficial sequel to Killer Calibre 32, i prefer the PLL Silver…mainly because he’s a pretty unlikeable character. Garko makes him seem much nicer… :wink:

In my opinion it really IS a sequel:

Garko not only has the same name, he is also dressed in a fancy way and (as I mentioned before), like Lawrence he want’s to be called MR Silver.

Just a question:

People have said that Killer Caliber 32. is something of a Giallo or mystery. As are Killer Adios and Price of dEathalong with some others I think. Would anyone consider these film something of a subgenre? I’ve only seen Price of death so I can’t say for sure.

Caliber 32 and giallo, I think that’s a bit odd… Ok there is a kind of detective story in it, so you could call it a Detective-Western or something.

A detective story on a very low standard. There’s certainly nothing mysterious in it. A mystery maybe for the average tele tubby watcher, but everybody else will not have much to guess.

You’re absolutely right, I didn’t bite my nails to the bone either wathing this one. A nice movie, but the detective thrills are hard to find.

i like him in the cemetery because it looks more like the sartana character

Definitely General Sartana from Mille dollari sul nero/Blood at Sundown, then Brian and Johnny Forest (Per 100.000 dollari t’ammazzo/Vengeance is Mine).

I’ve vote for Brian. Garko is perfect in this role!!! Great Western.
But his role as Korano in Those dirty Dogs is very good, too