Favorite films of 2009?

[quote=“Søren, post:19, topic:2131”]That’s called going off-topic :wink:

If someone made a “Favorite actors of Italy” thread you would also only mention actors seen (by you) while visiting Italy… That is, not necessarily Italians :stuck_out_tongue:

Not that such a list couldn’t be interesting and the movie thread certainly could…[/quote]
;D ;D ;D

You only watched 5 films this year Scherp ;)?

I don’t go to cinema very often (multiplex dramas, sound much too loud, irritating visitors, far too expensive) and prefer not to watch movies that are ‘the talk of the town’ (the Tarantinos, Lynches, Coens etc. I might make an exception for this 3D-thing Avatar)

For all these reasons, films usually are over a year old when I watch them
So far I haven’t seen any of the ten movies listed by klinteastwood

Not me either.

I don’t view very much new films.

I don’t go to see movies much either. I think I’ve only seen Star Trek and Zombieland this year. Nothing against going to cinema’s, I just wasn’t that interested in any of the movies coming out.

Was Zombieland any good? Looked stupid in a bad way.

Haven’t seen that many, or forgot about them.
These are worthwile I think:

• Observe and report
  • Whatever works

My list is very short and very simple.

INGLOURIOUS BASTERDS
PUBLIC ENEMIES

These were actually the only movies that were released this year that truly interested me. I need to watch UP, though, because I have had a lot of people tell me it was very good (and they are people I trust when it comes to taste in film).
I am not a Sci-Fi fan, genearlly speaking, so I don’t care one whit about stuff like AVATAR, TERMINATOR SALVATION, STAR TREK, or even WATCHMEN.
There is no way I could come up with something like a Top 10 for 2009.

[quote=“Bad Lieutenant, post:26, topic:2131”]Haven’t seen that many, or forgot about them.
These are worthwile I think:

• Observe and report
  • Whatever works[/quote]

Observe and Report was surprisingly good, although basically just a re-telling of his previous film: The Foot Fist Way

Still really want to see Whatever Works

And mine’s even shorter still…

(I don’t think I missed any off.)

yea, I got out to the cinemas this year alot more than last year…actually saw a good chunk of movies that came out…Hurt Locker I admit was downloaded

[quote=“Reverend Danite, post:29, topic:2131”]And mine’s even shorter still…

(I don’t think I missed any off.)[/quote]

Funny…that’s the same as mine :stuck_out_tongue:

Havenot seen too many theatre movies this year.

I did see…

District 9
Interesting premise that may be silly but carried off in a very serious tone. Well made but it was all a little too much for me. Too depressing. Yes, I found it depressing.

Inglourious Basterds
Good fun. Wha else? (Don’t answer that) :wink:

The Road
Probably my second favorite movie of all time. Next to Assassination of Jesse james. I had to fight realy hard not to cry during this film. That’s right! :-[ :’(

Hey! I love THE ASSASSINATION OF JESSE JAMES! I thought I was the only one. Bravo!

It is maybe the best western since the 70s. Well, there wasn’t very much for competition, though.

The 3 best (=the most entertaining) of 2009 were the new ones by Tarantino, Almodovar and von Trier.

Not at all on your own on that one Chris. I liked TAOJJ a lot.

I know someone else who likes it:

http://www.spaghetti-western.net/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=590

[quote=“autephex, post:28, topic:2131”]Observe and Report was surprisingly good, although basically just a re-telling of his previous film: The Foot Fist Way

Still really want to see Whatever Works[/quote]
Thanks for that. Gonna check out The Foot Fist Way. Never heard of it before.

I’ve seen very few films this year, the best would probably be Inglourious Basterds, followed closely by two HK thrillers, Vengeance and Accident.

Gran Torino - i’ve seen it four times now.