Eugenio Martin: 90th Birthday Wishes

Hola, mi amigoes e amigas --------------------

Anyone wishing to send 90th Birthday greetings to writer-director Eugenio Martin (PANCHO VILLA, BAD MAN’S RIVER, HORROR EXPRESS, REQUIEM FOR A GRINGO and many others)…

…please email me for his Postal Address. (It’s fine if cards arrive after his actual birthday, I’m told.)

Otherwise, you could add a message on Lone’s FB page on or about May 15th.

She asked me “how many” such good wishes I thought he might get… I said I had no idea, but I was hopin’ for 90! :wink:

Such numbers might overload her FB page, tho — so if you want to really spread the word, an actual, physical card would be better.

Oh — and Lone’s got a “big number” coming up, herself, on 5 July. Maybe we can try the same thing, then…??

Anyway, thanks for participating, if you choose to… She said he’d get a kick out of our showing our appreciations.

Best,
DCG.

Thanks for posting, DCG. Good to know they are doing well. Lone was one of the highlights of Bad Man’s River, a brief but energetic sequence. Best wishes for a happy birthday Señor Martin.

May 15, 2015
We are reaching the date…

[size=14pt]¡Felicidades en su día, Sr. Martín Márquez![/size]

[hr]

I am not on Facebook, since Lone was in “La ciudad maldita” could you ask her if she remembers the real name of the lead actor, the mysterious ‘Chet Bakon’? Thanks in advance.

[url]CIUDAD MALDITA (Juan Bosch) 1978 Trailer - YouTube

I sent a card to him yesterday, it’ll turn up eventually. A huge thanks to DCG for the relevant info.

… and he’s gone… RIP Eugenio

https://www.elmundo.es/cultura/cine/2023/01/23/63ce68fafc6c83a1798b4581.html

4 Likes

And I was just digging out Bad Man’s River and Pancho Villa to sell on as I’m cutting out some of the dodgy ones from my collection. The Ugly Ones and Requiem for a Gringo are classics that will always live on though!

Rest in Peace.

Cold … ! LOL :wink:

I have it on good authority that he didn’t like these films either, and didn’t give a shit about his fans or audience, on the contrary, he resented praise from people he had zero respect for.

1 Like

Was a bit of a weird coincidence, I thought. :upside_down_face:

Are you feeling guilty? LOL :wink:

1 Like

Maybe I should keep them…

I keep everything Spag releated, even if I hate it … like, ‘God’s Gun’, and ‘Man of the East’ … thinking that they’re of historical interest gives them a pass.

Recently I’ve taken to binning DVD and CDs which I think are not only bad, but possibly evil! :wink: ‘The Poseidon Adventure’ (1972) mind-bogglingly awful and with a high score of 7.2 @ IMDB, I wonder if the world has gone insane!? Loads of other more recent releases get culled too … but they’re so undistinguished I can barely re-call their names after they’re gone.

1 Like

I know, I have that feeling too. Its hard but I just want to focus on the many that I actually love, and try to be a bit ruthless where I can… it just gets out of hand. :joy:

1 Like

Very true … I could probably halve my collection tomorrow, if I get my ruthless hat on :wink:

1 Like

Its all part of the fun! :smiley:

Sad to hear of his passing but 97 was a very good innings.
Will always remember him fondly for The Bounty Hunter. As well as Horror Express