El Puro / La taglia è tua … l’uomo l’ammazzo io (Edoardo Mulargia, 1969)

[quote=“Silence, post:140, topic:795”]Yes, he does a great performance in Black Jack but I think his maniacal laugh gets a bit overblown.[/quote]Yeah, I think he’s good too but he’s little bit chewing the scenery in some scenes. In El Puro he’s playing it more straight. Many times you see overacting in drunk roles but Woods is perfect.

But he’s crazy! So of course he’s going to laugh a manical laugh!

Wow, what a great movie. Superior performance by Woods.
Unusual, unique. Top 20 maybe even in my top 10.
Why the film is so unknown? :o
He is better than many films of Carnimeo or Baldi.
And everyone knows these films.
But EL PURO is a masterpiece.

[quote=“The Stranger, post:143, topic:795”]Wow, what a great movie. Superior performance by Woods.
Unusual, unique. Top 20 maybe even in my top 10.
Why the film is so unknown? :o
He is better than many films of Carnimeo or Baldi.
And everyone knows these films.
But EL PURO is a masterpiece.[/quote]

Well, the rev discovered it more or less for this community
Before he mentioned it, I had never even heard of it
It’s not really one of my favourites, btw. It is interesting, it is original, but it simply isn’t my kind of SW.

I LOVE THE SCENE IN END WERE WOODS IS SITTING IN THE ROCKING CHAIR, THINK THAT IS PRETTY ORIGINAL.

Before we all go deaf :wink:

I’m thrilled it’s got another lover - I have to agree - great taste amigo. :slight_smile:
Everytime I revisit this - and it can take it - it climbs higher up my top 20 - the Autephex version pushed it higher just because of the Aldo Berti bit where he puts on a dress :o 8) - weirdly brilliant!

Not too bad, but I prefer your taste in avatars

Yeah, that was pretty cool, especially how he just off-hand killed the guy without really looking at him. Very cool.

[quote=“Reverend Danite, post:148, topic:795”]I’m thrilled it’s got another lover - I have to agree - great taste amigo. :slight_smile:
Everytime I revisit this - and it can take it - it climbs higher up my top 20 - the Autephex version pushed it higher just because of the Aldo Berti bit where he puts on a dress :o 8) - weirdly brilliant![/quote]

For me he is better than Death Rides a Horse or Companeros and many other famous movies. I was really surprised. I had heard a lot of EL PURO, and am really happy that I could see him now.
There are so many memorable scenes.

YES ! Very cool.

saw this one last night, and ok this is my first viewing and … i didn’t like it that much, thought it slow and boring, and so i must say along with " Cemetary Without Crosses" find it disapointing and don’t see why so many of you like it that much, but it’s just my opinon. It has it’s moments and i agree Robert Woods is the whole show, and gives a good performance but to me Black Jack is a much better all round film.Thanks to the rev, this was the uncut version, and it has the brutal beating of a woman, something that the Amercian Westerns would never have shown at the time.Gets a little better towards the end ** SPOILER ALERT** but then steals the end from " A Minute To Pray, A Second To Die" which uses it much more effectively and again to my mind that is a much better film. Sorry if i offend the purists here , and when i see it again i may change my mind, but that’s my initial verdict. 4/10.

You must not excuse you. Your opinion is OK.
I think El Puro is a magnificent masterpiece.
But opinions differ.
And maybe you change them when you see the movie for the second time.

But your new avatar is very beautiful. And I think we can all agree. :wink:

[quote=“The Stranger, post:153, topic:795”]You must not excuse you. Your opinion is OK.
I think El Puro is a magnificent masterpiece.
But opinions differ.
And maybe you change them when you see the movie for the second time.

But your new avatar is very beautiful. And I think we can all agree. ;)[/quote]thanks stranger, and thank goodness opinons do differ, how boring it would be if we all agreed on everything, and thankfully we haven’t got SD to shout me down! yeah the avatar if you didn’t know is the lovely Famke Jansen.

i’m really interested in this film, obviously finding it in english is a problem. has anyone bought or has this bootleg on dvdr

http://www.lfvw.com/el_puro.html

[quote=“Alias, post:155, topic:795”]i’m really interested in this film, obviously finding it in english is a problem. has anyone bought or has this bootleg on dvdr

http://www.lfvw.com/el_puro.html[/quote]

Hi atlas, a member of the forum named “autophex” has done a great fandub on this. You try PMing him he’s in the member directory. Don’t buy from ifvw its the shittiest company and many on here have complained about them.

thanks. i’ll look into that, maybe if its as a torrent i’ll download it. this reply goes well for the tread i started on torrents and fan dubs

Agree, Black Jack and A Minute to Pray, a Second to Die are much better movies

And your new avatar isn’t bad either …

Even though the main music theme is inspired from other works I do like it. More interested this time round in the other music. The instruments that provide the twangs and shakes, really suit the low key style of the film. The men after Woods create such menace when they are on screen. The longer version of the film fleshes things out in character development, and as I like the film the more the better for me. Has to be the best performance of Woods in a western for me, one role he was born to play. Stanton has reminded me to do a top twenty and I am working on it …but just rather slow thats all. But this one would be in my top 5 for sure.

I’m proud of you