El puro Blu Ray

My lips are sealed as I made a promise but none of the speculation above is far from the mark. Hopefully, we’ll get an official announcement before too long. Especially if Koch have announced theirs. It would be daft to stay shtum and let sales go elsewhere if you plan to release it yourself.

3 Likes

Does anyone know this guy? I don’t understand how he gets the actual films from this distribution company, and have they already done HD scans of all the prints they hold the rights to?

See the grjngo topic…

1 Like

A last remark to avoid misunderstandings:

My announcement was of course only a joke, but Phil’s not. So it seems an El puro Blu is possible in the near future, even if not confirmed yet.

Understated classic. Really good news.

Great news indeed!

Fell for the joke, but possible good news anyway.

2 Likes

You certainly had me fooled @stanton, but that some news about a release courtesy of @Phil_H came about is a nice and ironic touch to the whole thing :grinning:

I can’t believe @Phil_H isn’t going to spill the tea on what he knows! Listen young man, you’re not too big to go over my knee! I’m going to get my bum-smacking hand all lined up and ready to rock. Give us the juice! We won’t tell anyone, we promise! I won’t even tell my wife! I mean, it’s unlikely she gives a toss but, you know. PLEEEEASE!

Indeed, it is.

Absolutely not. A promise is a promise. Besides, we all know too well that just because something is planned doesn’t mean it will actually happen. I really shouldn’t have opened my big mouth as it is. :zipper_mouth_face:

I’m glad you did say something. I’ve been eagerly anticipating a release of El Puro for years but with little hope that it would actually happen. Whether this comes to fruition or not, you have at least given us something, much like a kid eagerly awaiting his birthday or Christmas, to look forward to and the anticipation is almost as much fun as the actual release…almost. The only thing that could make it better for me personally is if it is part of a Vengeance Trails Vol. 2 set that also includes Death Knows No Time, Dead Men Ride, and Hate is My God. It never hurts to dream! :laughing:

1 Like

If it gets a release, and I’m betting it does … I wonder what will be done about the credit sequence that gives away the plot, or rather, the outcome of the movie … Perhaps an advisory note to look away if you don’t want to know who survives the final showdown! :wink:

And those very creative inverted colours…

Every version of El puro seems to have a different credit sequence, at least I think I have 3 or 4 different ones.

Credits in which Fernando (and not Specs) shoots El Puro!

If this is the original opening titles sequence - as it seems logical to assume for a number of reasons - should be kept as it is.

1 Like

I agree - no tampering! … Robert Woods is playing ‘Grandpa Puro’ … with a very fake looking beard - It must have been some later deleted flashback sequence ?

Don’t forget that the head of Arrow said they would be releasing lots more spaghettis in 2022. And they teased a SW boxset around September-ish I believe? It could be a part of that and would go nicely with the first set as they would both have a Robert Woods feature.

Yeah let’s stay optimistic :wink:

https://twitter.com/Frangipane13/status/1474301942855786496?t=IZgwnV866x4VtrurloM-Vw&s=19

2 Likes

Everything is possible considering the original 120 minutes runtime. Although almost certainly not related, Lisa Seagram talks about a character called Dave shot in the back when he least expected it.

1 Like