El Bandido Malpelo / Il lungo giorno della violenza (Giuseppe Maria Scotese, 1971)

Watched it all tonight. It doesn’t get less violent. Didn’t know about this one before. Real interesting. Serious stuff. I agree to the positive comments on it previously on this thread. I guess there was never an English version made, but should really like to see it in wide screen. I see there is some mention of it in Frayling’s contribution to Critical Perspectives on the Western. It is not set in 1915 as I said above, but in 1914, in the final months of Huerta’s dictatorship, the same period as Duck, You Sucker! according to Frayling.

A review is in place then as promised on another thread.

https://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/El_Bandido_Malpelo_review

2 Likes

Well-written review. I have a copy of it in Spanish, a language I do not understand that well. For that reason, I haven’t watched it yet, but with the help of your description, I should be able to follow it (the Italian version is no longer available on You tube)

I watched it once, and it was kinda ok. About 4 or 5/10

Well, there’s this one at CG.

I noticed that, will try to download it today

Now available again with a 16:9 image ratio and good picture quality, this time at 25 frames per second.

2 Likes

At long last. If you haven’t seen this film in full, now is the time.

Copied from the Spagvemberfest 2022 thread:

Malpelo has been updated to the new layout (3.0). Let us know if you can add anything: pictures, posters, trivia, facts, figures, links, etc…

1 Like