Ed Wood

(davidf) #21

i’ve seen plan 9, Jailbait and Glen & Glenda, none of them are the worst films ever made, Jilbait is proberly the best but it has an annoying musical soundtrack! also seen and have a soft spot for " Night Of the Ghouls"

(Spaghetti Monkey) #22

Good point on that one Phil, and i find all of Wood’s films i’ve seen enjoyable in one way or another.

(John Welles) #23

Yes, I agree. “Plan 9 from Outer space” isn’t the worst movie ever made, after all, it’s quite enjoyable. I would give the title “The Worst Movie Ever Made” to the most boring film yet made.

(Stanton) #24

For me it was one of the worst.
Confusing plot, bad dialogues, horrible acting, no interesting story or characters, poor special effects. Everything was incredibly poor. Makes Fidani look like a god.

And after seeing it I wasn’t interested to watch another Ed. There were not enough laughs over the complete run time.

(Silence) #25

That’s the beauty of Fidani films 8).

(Stanton) #26

What’s the beauty of Fid?
That there are enough laughs? Or that there are not enough?

(scherpschutter) #27

[quote=“Stanton, post:24, topic:2060”]For me it was one of the worst.
Confusing plot, bad dialogues, horrible acting, no interesting story or characters, poor special effects. Everything was incredibly poor. Makes Fidani look like a god.

And after seeing it I wasn’t interested to watch another Ed. There were not enough laughs over the complete run time.[/quote]

I agree with you on this

Watched Plan 9 once, mainly out of curiosity, and didn’t understand why so many people thought it was so bad that it was good. Just thought it was bad sec. Don’t think I saw anything else of the man either.

(John Welles) #28

I suppose Wood’s movies have a bit of acquiered taste, and if you are not in the mood, they aren’t very funny. But when I first saw “Plan 9 from Outer Space”, I was in the mood to watch something really bad, so I found it a extreamly fun film to view.

(Spaghetti Monkey) #29

The first time i caught PLAN 9,was late night after we had been at a bar. I knew nothing of Wood or his reputation at the time, but i thought it was the funniest thing i had ever seen (obviously, the beer helped). :stuck_out_tongue: It wasn’t 'til years later i realized what i had seen and started tracking down more of Wood’s work.

(Frank Talby) #30

I’ve been a fan of the late Ed Wood for a while. I have seen most of his movies and Bride of the Monster is classic Wood. Mixing stock footage of the octopus and explosions and a very old Lugosi in it doesn’t get much better than this. Yes Plan 9 has the Lugosi look alike in it but this has Lugosi’s last real role which is great.

(Spaghetti Monkey) #31

Muchos agreed ;D

(Frank Talby) #32

I have to watch some of his movies again soon… been ages since I last seen one.