Ed Wood

i’ve seen plan 9, Jailbait and Glen & Glenda, none of them are the worst films ever made, Jilbait is proberly the best but it has an annoying musical soundtrack! also seen and have a soft spot for " Night Of the Ghouls"

Good point on that one Phil, and i find all of Wood’s films i’ve seen enjoyable in one way or another.

Yes, I agree. “Plan 9 from Outer space” isn’t the worst movie ever made, after all, it’s quite enjoyable. I would give the title “The Worst Movie Ever Made” to the most boring film yet made.

For me it was one of the worst.
Confusing plot, bad dialogues, horrible acting, no interesting story or characters, poor special effects. Everything was incredibly poor. Makes Fidani look like a god.

And after seeing it I wasn’t interested to watch another Ed. There were not enough laughs over the complete run time.

That’s the beauty of Fidani films 8).

What’s the beauty of Fid?
That there are enough laughs? Or that there are not enough?

[quote=“Stanton, post:24, topic:2060”]For me it was one of the worst.
Confusing plot, bad dialogues, horrible acting, no interesting story or characters, poor special effects. Everything was incredibly poor. Makes Fidani look like a god.

And after seeing it I wasn’t interested to watch another Ed. There were not enough laughs over the complete run time.[/quote]

I agree with you on this

Watched Plan 9 once, mainly out of curiosity, and didn’t understand why so many people thought it was so bad that it was good. Just thought it was bad sec. Don’t think I saw anything else of the man either.

I suppose Wood’s movies have a bit of acquiered taste, and if you are not in the mood, they aren’t very funny. But when I first saw “Plan 9 from Outer Space”, I was in the mood to watch something really bad, so I found it a extreamly fun film to view.

The first time i caught PLAN 9,was late night after we had been at a bar. I knew nothing of Wood or his reputation at the time, but i thought it was the funniest thing i had ever seen (obviously, the beer helped). :stuck_out_tongue: It wasn’t 'til years later i realized what i had seen and started tracking down more of Wood’s work.

I’ve been a fan of the late Ed Wood for a while. I have seen most of his movies and Bride of the Monster is classic Wood. Mixing stock footage of the octopus and explosions and a very old Lugosi in it doesn’t get much better than this. Yes Plan 9 has the Lugosi look alike in it but this has Lugosi’s last real role which is great.

Muchos agreed ;D

I have to watch some of his movies again soon… been ages since I last seen one.