DYS bridge not looking good

The old bridge has suffered badly in winter rains.
http://www.tucotours.co.uk/almeria_newspage.htm
But for those who thought filming in Almeria may be dead, one of the more famous films (especially in Scandinavia) of recent years appears to have sneaked in to do a scene.

Thanks for the update on the DYS bridge. With the rains, and the installation of wind machines you better get to Almeria quick before there’s little left that is recognizable from the SW days.

Yes, thanks for the update mate.

Never a truer word said. Some of the decay I saw in the 3 year gap between two visits in 2005 and 2008 was quite significant.

I haven’t been to the ‘DYS’ (A Fistful of Dynamite’/ ‘Once Upon a Time, The Revolution’) bridge since my last trip to Almeria, in 2009.

One of my favourite locations, because it is where one bridge is demolished, and another is forged between Juan and Sean…a beautiful scene…and the music by Ennio Morricone is so dream-like…Bliss!

A film that combines moments of violence, vulgarity, greed, and disillusionment, with loss, tenderness and friendship - ultimately brought about by dictatorship, and the uncertain times.

‘Sean, Sean, Sean…’

3 Likes

If it’s a choice I’d have to make between a chicken thief, and riddin’ the world of a few uniforms… I’ll not be choosin’ the chicken thief.”

2 Likes